"Do you know the world?" --Competition--

Is it in Thailand?

DSCF0155z.jpg

Death railway? the one that runs over River Kwai, although I dont see the river in the pic.

Did you mention in the rules regarding the duration? We are working people, cannot seat here everyday to watch your this forum....

Death railway? the one that runs over River Kwai, although I dont see the river in the pic.
You got it, liban. I was intending to post a few other hint images, but you nailed it fast. So, you are next.

Yes, this is the Death Railway at Kanchanaburi. And these are a few images that I had lined up.

DSCF0227z.jpg

DSCF0214z.jpg

DSCF0231z.jpg

finally paying attention during history class in school helps :)

here's my pic. name this famous tourist city:

6129480496_cd85f056f1_z.jpg

nope, not London. This medieval city is a world heritage cite famous for its canals and gothic style spires (like the one on the right of the pic)

Not Germany, but close to it.

next hint, hope its not too obvious.

6132843841_be6c55711a_z.jpg

Belgium?
statue was a giveaway :D

haha the first pic was maybe a bit too difficult, so had to put in more obvious landmarks.

yes, its in Belgium. But which city?

Bruges, Belgium

Correct!

the first pic is a horse drawn carriage tour with St Salvator's Cathedral is in the background and the spire in the second pic is of Notre Dame.

Originally intended to post this pic of the Belfry, the most famous monument in the city (which I only knew about watching the movie 'In Brugge' on the plane to Europe coincidentally).

6136225439_09c6a2770d_z.jpg

your turn :D

This one should be very easy. mention the name of the place or the nearby city.

jshvv8.jpg

Last edited:
It's in Iran but I forgot the name. The 2 statues are the supposed to be gate-keepers of a tomb of an Iranian king or something like that.

Is it the ancient city of Persepolis?

teamwork :)

.....maybe the place is 60km from the nice city Shiraz?

btw: Iran is a great country with wonderful, friendly & peaceful people,
with a stunning history.

Is it the ancient city of Persepolis?

I think you are right. While waiting for siamak to annouce the result, probably you can start preparing your photo! :bsmilie: