Do you keep you cam in dry box?

How do you keep your cam/lens?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Verre Vrai

You keep ur cam/lens in the dry box or just chuck it in the drawer?

Originally posted by BlueAngel
even for digitalcam must put in dry cabinet ?

ya all my stuff r in there ......:D .....still got lots space left so even my chips go in as well....:D :D

same as adam, die die will stay in dry cabinet when not used... i can't afford the risk ;p

Most importantly, it's the glass (i.e. lenses) that need to be protected from the humid weather in Singapore. When I travel around ASia, I'll make sure I carry a bottle of dess. gel along. However in UK, when I'm studying, the weather is dry, I sometimes just leave it on my shelves when not in use.

Back home in Singapore, back into my dehumidifer when not in use. Yeah.

Originally posted by roti

ya all my stuff r in there ......:D .....still got lots space left so even my chips go in as well....:D :D

But what about the stock in shops? You see how AP, CP store their new cams? They just keep it inside the shelves or merely stack them on top of one another. Who knows how long they'll keep their stock in the shop, maybe a few days for popular models to ......months? years?:eek: for certain lenses? I don't see them using any silica gel also...how they manage to keep the camera stock so well with no fungus? :dunno:

Originally posted by Verre Vrai
But what about the stock in shops? You see how AP, CP store their new cams? They just keep it inside the shelves or merely stack them on top of one another. Who knows how long they'll keep their stock in the shop, maybe a few days for popular models to ......months? years?:eek: for certain lenses? I don't see them using any silica gel also...how they manage to keep the camera stock so well with no fungus? :dunno:

Maybe they rely on the fact that the air tends to be drier when the place is air-conditioned?

I agreed with Adam. I asked my friend in CP the same question years ago and he said that the air tend to be dryer in aircon room. And it's true that air in aircon room is dryer. Furthermore when they are closed for business, the store is closed and not much circulation of fresh air into the room.

Anyway as a precaution, do check all lenses and shutter screen (film cameras) before buying.

Cheers.

Originally posted by AdamGoi

Maybe they rely on the fact that the air tends to be drier when the place is air-conditioned?

hmmm ............ how abt the flazh .......... ?? ..........

somebody told me b4 not to store the flazh inzide the dry box .............. it'll spoil the electronic chipz inzide the flazh ............

Originally posted by FOOXX
hmmm ............ how abt the flazh .......... ?? ..........

somebody told me b4 not to store the flazh inzide the dry box .............. it'll spoil the electronic chipz inzide the flazh ............
got this meh? anyone can confirm? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.