Do you choose to print matte or glossy?

Do u choose to print matte or glossy

Results are only viewable after voting.

glossy for me too.... looks more pro....

unless it is those family portrait or those that i want to do cold lamination... then use matt...

digikon said:
OK lets look the pros & con Matt/Glossy

Matt-dosen't stick if kept in photo album,
-dosen't glare in bright light
-dosen't leve any finger print marks on your phtotos
- colour dosen't last > 10 years (normal condition)

Glossy-sharp & vibrant
-sticky under improper humidity
-glare under normal lighting.
-Tested proven my own photos still sharp & vibrant after more than 10years with Kodak Royal paper

Have a nice day:)

Do you keep all the photos that you've mentioned in the dry-box? Just curious to know. Thanks.:)

Fuji Lustre. ;)

yeah finger marks are bad. esp if the album is meant to be passed around for ppl to see. anyone here wears gloves whilst handling glossy? haha. im thinking of doing that

I hope this post is related to this topic. :D

I have encounter sticky problem when i slot it inside my album. it stick hard onto the plastic cover sheet and leave a bad water mark effect. so far no problem. is it bcause i insert it too soon ? does it need time to "dry"? the last print out, i inserted them in right after its out from the machine, and it feels hot. Could this b the problem?

artfakeme said:
I hope this post is related to this topic. :D

I have encounter sticky problem when i slot it inside my album. it stick hard onto the plastic cover sheet and leave a bad water mark effect. so far no problem. is it bcause i insert it too soon ? does it need time to "dry"? the last print out, i inserted them in right after its out from the machine, and it feels hot. Could this b the problem?

Are your prints in matte or glossy?

I encounter this problem too for my glossy prints.:(

Matte prints seems alright though...

I find that Luster (matte so to speak) is easier to look at.

A photo should be sharp (in most cases). I find that with gloss, the whole picture comes out too sharp.

With luster/matte to me, the sharpness is still there, but the whole of the picture is more subtle.

Also, matte is better under glass.

:)

I have found that, "if using an Epson printer that uses Ultra Chrome inks"... the Archival Matte paper gives an excellent result.

Cheers :)

gloss is prone to scratches which can appear to be very visible..
Matt however , can subtly hide scratches because of the non reflective nature of the surface.

its gloss 4 me! :lovegrin:

Both have their own apply to end the results of a pic. For me it doesn't matter so long it suits the mood of the pic.:confused:

Matt all the way... never like the fingerprints on my shots....

Gloss would be reserved only for the show and tell shots... (which will be protected from fingermarks...