Do you always custom WB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightwave

Jun 4, 2003
Visit site
Just curious how often do you preset WB? or do you simply shoot with the preset WB or Auto WB. :)

i custom wb when lighting is tricky. other than that, i use auto... seldom use the presets.

I always custom white balance when I find my grey balance drifts out which is about once a month. It's easier to detect that as I only shoot under a certain artificial lighting.

In fact when I Custom white balance I always do it twice. Don't know why I find I get better white balance when doing it twice.

depends... indoors sometimes i shoot in flash, den set to flash. if the lighting condition is bad, den do a custom white balance, or if looking for a color effect. if for outdoors, normally set to auto, hard to predict the white balance.

lightwave said:
Just curious how often do you preset WB? or do you simply shoot with the preset WB or Auto WB. :)

Always do..

For outside..I will start with Auto Mode in -1 or -2 setting. And shooting in nature scene will set to cloudy and again -1 to -2 setting. Both for sunny days too. They give me pretty nice colours and if it is abit "offish" I will correct them with PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.