Do u view the first Flash page in a website?

Do u view the first Flash page in a website?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul_Yeo said:
I am wondering if the first Flash page of website is ever viewed?

Skip intro ->>

:bsmilie:

Depends.
If it can attract me for the first 3-5 seconds I'll continue watching.

But if it totally does not contribute to the whole purpose of the website, then "Skip Intro >>>".

Flash intros are a waste of time. Why ask the user to click twice to see whats on the homepage? I hate these sites and avoid them.

I prefer a website simple, wont mind 1 or 2 flash.

It used to be cool and trendy or even default to have a 'splash' page as they were called(if I remembered correctly?...)

But I now think they're a waste of time, that prevents me from getting straight to the info.

Most times I will close a site that does not have the 'skip intro' button.

Flash is waste of time and bandwidth... I dun have it install on my firefox. But if situation dictates I have to view that page... I'll just switch to IE... else... To hell with flash.

depends. if its a website of someone's i know, then i'll most probably view it. otherwise, i'll just go straight in to the main n get the info i need. :D

jonlou said:
depends. if its a website of someone's i know, then i'll most probably view it. otherwise, i'll just go straight in to the main n get the info i need. :D
Such "Splash Pages" are usually a no-no in web design, but many web sites do it anyway. It's like saying "Look, we have a cool Flash designer, you gotta check out his work!". Another example would be a shop which forces you to look at a TV Ad on a big screen at their entrance before you're allowed in :bsmilie:

Regards
CK

For personal webpages, yes..

For commercial webpages, no..

have never recommended flash intros for company sites. unless ur a high techy company or something entertainment related, u could consider a flash SITE, not intro. that would be more apt. else, flash or gif banners are usually the furthest i'd go.

Status
Not open for further replies.