Do u need to sharpen images from AFS 17-35mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hua Luo Han

May 26, 2003
Jurong East
Visit site
As above, do u need to sharpen the images produce by the AFS 17-35 ?

just asking cos mine dun seem sharp when i set in-camera (D70) sharpening to none.

But after applying USM then pics will be swee swee. :thumbsup:

finally got a 17-35 :lovegrin: heehee

bought new, when u say slight sharpening meaning in camera or on pc :dunno:

me using NC4.4 trial, dunno wan to buy now or wait for the NX to release.... heehee (OT own thread)

Hua Luo Han said:
bought new, when u say slight sharpening meaning in camera or on pc :dunno:

me using NC4.4 trial, dunno wan to buy now or wait for the NX to release.... heehee (OT own thread)

wait for NX la.

slight sharpening in both cammie and PS. depending on subject matter, sometimes there is no need for sharpening during post processing.

i shoot in JPEGs with an S2Pro.

the AFS17-35 f2.8 is a gem of a lens. :thumbsup:

Cheesecake said:
wait for NX la.

ok ok :)

Cheesecake said:
slight sharpening in both cammie and PS. depending on subject matter, sometimes there is no need for sharpening during post processing.

i shoot in JPEGs with an S2Pro.

the AFS17-35 f2.8 is a gem of a lens. :thumbsup:

gem indeed

Wah 17-35 :thumbsup: One of my dream glass to own :thumbsup:

dream lens.:embrass:

S2 Pro . Sharpness STD and punch in Sharpness Low in Nikon PP. Very impressive @ f/4.0 onwards :thumbsup:

Since I got the lens last weekend, I shot a few hundreds. I deleted 75% of them after initial viewing. For the remaining 100, I need to sharpen up quite a few (using NC). Mostly because I used wrong aperture settings :cry: Others can be used as they are :cool:

P.S.> I view them using a 20" LCD. Probably that shows too much detail. Still learning digital.

wats the price u paid for ?

Hua Luo Han said:
As above, do u need to sharpen the images produce by the AFS 17-35 ?

just asking cos mine dun seem sharp when i set in-camera (D70) sharpening to none.

But after applying USM then pics will be swee swee. :thumbsup:

finally got a 17-35 :lovegrin: heehee
Usually sharpening is set to normal. If you don't sharpen it, usually it will be slightly blur after the algorithm to demosaic (de-Bayer algorithm). So when you set the camera to no sharpening, you will need to sharpen it with a software.

Same thing after you resize the picture, because of the sampling algorithm will introduce some blurring, usually I will apply some sharpening to the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.