Do u need a MACRO lens for AD Wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LolliPoP said:
I already advised them to get a pro photog.
But under budget woh...
Also warned them not to expect a good result.

As a friend, i don't wanna turn them down.
Will try me best.
This is a lame excuse, some experience photographers can deliver very decent result are charging around $350 for service only.

If for the saving of $350 and try to pass the assignment to someone inexperience in wedding day photography, it only shows the couple don’t really care what will come out.

So don’t have to be too hard for yourself, as the couple shouldn’t expect anything much from you.

Since you have warned them, I guess you can do your best. In any case, just enjoy yourself. As long as the pics aren't too underexposed or overexposed, I think they can be saved. If all settings go wrong, go Auto. :p

All the best to you remember to tell us the outcome. :thumbsup:

Do ask for help if there is a need, i assum many here are welling to help for free.

LolliPoP said:
But under budget woh...

Will try me best.

Hi LolliPoP...

Don't worry.. just enjoy yourself... just make sure you got everything done on your side... extra batteries.. etc... and look at some wedding sites for ideas... and enjoy the day. Well you already made known to them that this is a free job and the quality they are expecting... where got such thing like "ai pi ai qi" right?

Maybe you can also drag a friend along to shoot at different prospect... maybe they will like one of the two? :)

Enjoy your first wedding... it'll be fun...

If its for the experience, I wouldnt mind going there to screw up the shots. Anyone tagging along to have the experience? ;p

Hey Bro.. I have been in ur situation b4. Just stay cool OK.

Just remember this,

1. use flash when necessary
2. increase ur ISO if the situation is dark.
3. Just shoot on P mode. Its the safest way. Dun care if ppl say its not professional. You might go haywire if you wanna shoot on manual.
4. Must capture the important moments (eg. like tea ceremony, march in, champange...bla bla bla)
5. Last of all, dress smartly and act professionally.

Good luck bro.

LolliPoP said:
Me newbie here wanna know more info abt AD Wedding photography.
Current equipment I hv:
- D70s
- 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5
- SB600

Intend to get a TAMRON 90mm Macro, is that necessary?
Or shd i get 50mm f/1.8?

Pls advise. Thks.

Seriously speaking, your set of equipment is good enough for AD wedding .. :)

But that also depends how experienced you are and comfortable in shooting the AD wedding.

I am getting more lazy nowadays ... :embrass: I used D2H + 17-35mm + SB800 .. but of course I bring extra lens and cam just for standby .. ;)

Joe N.M said:
Hey Bro.. I have been in ur situation b4. Just stay cool OK.

Just remember this,

1. use flash when necessary
2. increase ur ISO if the situation is dark.
3. Just shoot on P mode. Its the safest way. Dun care if ppl say its not professional. You might go haywire if you wanna shoot on manual.
4. Must capture the important moments (eg. like tea ceremony, march in, champange...bla bla bla)
5. Last of all, dress smartly and act professionally.

Good luck bro.

Errrrr for your point no.3 ... I have different view to suggest shooting in A mode rather then P mode ... :D

P mode with flash is "safer". For me, I think another common mistake for newbies is wrong focusing point. Make sure you are focusing on the place where you want to focus. Sounds simple but sometimes when you get kan jiong, you may end up focusing the background.

LolliPoP said:
But under budget woh...

Will try me best.
Good luck!

P or A mode will screw you up big time if in low light. The camera will meter the ambinet light and your shutter will drop extremely low ending up wiht blury pitures even with rear sync unless you pan a little or know what you are doing.

In low light use S mode. For now since you are fairly new, shoot at 1/50 to get more ambient lighting but should be able to safely hand hold for your lens range. Let your flash compensate the rest.

For out doors in daylight switch to A mode f4 - 5.6 should be safe, and let the camera compensate with the shutter.

Watch for back lighting during day, fill in with your flash when necessary.

Have a good nights rest, use your feeling more that anything else. You have to feel the moments.

Be alert stick to the counple like glue.

Watch for momnets like granny chopping up pig, parents getting ready.
People close to the couple.

All the best..

I think i'm going to use S or M, with flash. Will shoot in RAW.

One case has not settle yet, another case coming up.:sweat:
Someone recommend me to be the AD Photog for a couple.
The groom-to-be act so fast, contacted me. As requested,
met him. After that, he requests me to send more photos.
I have not do so. Then he said not confidence with me.
Huh... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.