Do i need a drybox? Why? Where to buy? How to buy drybox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow so gd !!! i also want .... sad u nv mention early then i can go ask for it also (= lol

Hahaha! I was quite shock too, because he told me that the one without light no stock, then he said he will charge the same price for the ML series.

ICIC cos today i went and asked him what is the different between the ML and the DB then he said 1 come with light another without, after that he said the DB now no stock but will be arriving at 3+ so i said i will wait lor. So sad )..= You are a lucky fellow. Hey BTW how long u leave your DIgi cabi on b4 you put all your stuff in ?

ICIC cos today i went and asked him what is the different between the ML and the DB then he said 1 come with light another without, after that he said the DB now no stock but will be arriving at 3+ so i said i will wait lor. So sad )..= You are a lucky fellow. Hey BTW how long u leave your DIgi cabi on b4 you put all your stuff in ?

Around 3-4hours before I put in? i waited for the RH to fall below 55% just before I put them in.

WOw bro so fast mah ?? i brought this afternoon then reach home at 5pm until now my RH still at 59%. You switch on your air con and leave the cabinet door open iizt ??

Last edited:
No, it's in non-aircon living room. haha.

ic Hmm Funni sia , Y my cabinet so setted down so slow ?? nvm c tomorrow how lol

hah.. okay. anyway. my RH now is 51 after i opened it at 10pm. Takes so long to drop to fall between 45-50.

YES!!! Finally my Dry Cabinet hit the desire Humidity HAHA. Like to ask for storing camera equipment the RH cannot go beyond 55% and under 40% am i rite ??

YES!!! Finally my Dry Cabinet hit the desire Humidity HAHA. Like to ask for storing camera equipment the RH cannot go beyond 55% and under 40% am i rite ??

Some say 40-45% while others say 45-50%.So anywhere between 40-50% will do:)

aipo is full digital meter and humidifier, just up/down to the number you want
digi cab is digital meter, analog humidifier. turn know and wait to see if get desired level

Digi Cabi you have to see heng suey one.
There is a knob whereby you have to turn here and there before getting the desired humidity level.

What i mean by heng suey means the first time you turn the knob to a certain range, the humidity level might not be suitable for storing a camera thus you have to try again.

In time you will get the desired humidity level, no worries. It just takes time. :)

aipo is digital one right??
digital metering also right??

just that digicab is analog one??

Ah, Sorry if I may sound bad, but all is kind of mislead and quite confusing. There are 2 type of drybox which I agree, but they should not be named as analog and digital. But it should have been called as one with feedback control and the other should be without feedback control. As both of them are using the same dehumidifier, but the main difference is in the way the humidity level is set.

The one with feedback circuitry, through the hydrometer will be able to control the switching on, off, increase or reducing the dehumidify level as per different conditions. As the name suggest it has a feedback loop from the hydrometer which signals to the dehumidifier to act according to the requirement.

For the non feedback set u need to set the intensity of the dehumidifier at a constant level such that the desired level is reach. As there is no feedback loop so the dehumidifier is on 100% of the time. There is no control over the level ( cannot on, off, more less) other than by setting the intensity and let it run till an equilibrium level is form.

Cheers Just my 2 cents.

my experience with my dry box(with silica gel) usualy on normal singapore room temperature i've measured the amount of the silica gel to give me 50% humidity but when i turn on the aircon(27 degree) at night it'll drop to max 40% so i keep this arrangement for my dry box and i feel it's good enough :D

Status
Not open for further replies.