DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

but what about
"viewfinder is hard to see in low light, or when wearing polarized sunglasses and shooting in the portrait orientation...."

:D

opps tot you won't see that. ;p
aiyah... this sort of things hor... the technology is already there, they can do a IR viewfinder for low light, instruction manual to tell user take off sunglasses before looking through viewfinder and redesign location and cup shape for ease of shooting in portrait orientation.

opps tot you won't see that. ;p
aiyah... this sort of things hor... the technology is already there, they can do a IR viewfinder for low light, instruction manual to tell user take off sunglasses before looking through viewfinder and redesign location and cup shape for ease of shooting in portrait orientation.

The X100 is such a cool camera...
Would love to own one...
But I think it'd be such a white elephant.
I like my LX3 too much :D

Wah that day the battery contacts not so good. Camera was flashing the battery symbol intermittently... cold sweat sia.
After scraping off some residue on the '+' terminal, all seems ok now.

ZerocoolAstra said:
but what about
"viewfinder is hard to see in low light, or when wearing polarized sunglasses and shooting in the portrait orientation...."

:D

Not to mention real life users telling us that the camera is slow in operation, especially the shutter lag.

Best to try hands on, than just reading IQ review.

Not to mention real life users telling us that the camera is slow in operation, especially the shutter lag.

Best to try hands on, than just reading IQ review.

I've got one friend who's a bit "obsessed" with rangefinder-style cameras, and I do know that he likes Fuji's EXR sensor and processing engine. Maybe he'll buy it, then I can try-try when I meet him... hahaha otherwise not really keen to get one.

btw Bro, your Tammy 100-300 is an FX lens har?

ZerocoolAstra said:
I've got one friend who's a bit "obsessed" with rangefinder-style cameras, and I do know that he likes Fuji's EXR sensor and processing engine. Maybe he'll buy it, then I can try-try when I meet him... hahaha otherwise not really keen to get one.

btw Bro, your Tammy 100-300 is an FX lens har?

Yup it is. From film days mah. U wan to borrow?

Yup it is. From film days mah. U wan to borrow?

Suddenly wondering if I would need longer than 85mm for certain shots over the weekend :)
Was considering to buy a 70-300VR, though it may end up being more of a white elephant.
Nobody selling on BnS these few days...

Any advice?

ZerocoolAstra said:
Suddenly wondering if I would need longer than 85mm for certain shots over the weekend :)
Was considering to buy a 70-300VR, though it may end up being more of a white elephant.

Any advice?

What time you leaving. Just use mine la. Remember to use tripod or monopod.

ZerocoolAstra said:
Going off tomorrow evening.
Of course, bringing my trusty Benro + Markins :)

Wah bro. Whr u going for holiday? :)

ZerocoolAstra said:
Going off tomorrow evening.
Of course, bringing my trusty Benro + Markins :)

I drop by tonight and pass you the lens bro. It is light so no issues.

I drop by tonight and pass you the lens bro. It is light so no issues.

Bro, thanks for the offer :D
paiseh la don't trouble you until like that.

I can pass your place on my way home this evening. Maybe about 9-ish...? I can even have my (late) dinner at the kopitiam there.

ZerocoolAstra said:
Bro, thanks for the offer :D
paiseh la don't trouble you until like that.

I can pass your place on my way home this evening. Maybe about 9-ish...? I can even have my (late) dinner at the kopitiam there.

I should be working out from 8:30 to 10pm at the gym. Best is if before 8:30 or after 10

I think 1 of my EN-EL3e batts is giving problem.
I mentioned it in post #705, and I thought I solved the problem by cleaning the contacts. Problem still surfaced again last night. The 'low battery' indicator flashes for about 5 seconds, and then back to normal. After a while, it starts flashing again.
Changed battery and all seemed ok.

When I checked the batt status it shows as though new batt.... hehehehe weird.
Luckily I have 3. I think will just continue to use and see how.

ZerocoolAstra said:
I think 1 of my EN-EL3e batts is giving problem.
I mentioned it in post #705, and I thought I solved the problem by cleaning the contacts. Problem still surfaced again last night. The 'low battery' indicator flashes for about 5 seconds, and then back to normal. After a while, it starts flashing again.
Changed battery and all seemed ok.

When I checked the batt status it shows as though new batt.... hehehehe weird.
Luckily I have 3. I think will just continue to use and see how.

Ya. Just observe.

ZerocoolAstra said:

Any advice?

You probably have already know that this is one of cheapest telezoom nikkor lens that produce good iq photos.

Depending what you normally shoot but I believe you are really short of this range of focal length. BBB. :p