Diving in greece??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTan

Mar 10, 2004
Anyone done that before?
would it be advisable and when is the best time to go there to dive? (if can dive there)

Also anyone has anywhere to recommend for a dive site this coming june/july period?

got budget constraints... :( cheaper better.

ER.. no idea hahaa

but im also looking forward.. maybe i can try to work something out on that.

saw greece in a french movie, the big blue.. god.. i fell in love.. :p

now at work.. later tonite i go back do some research : ;)

DTan said:
Anyone done that before?
would it be advisable and when is the best time to go there to dive? (if can dive there)

Also anyone has anywhere to recommend for a dive site this coming june/july period?

got budget constraints... :( cheaper better.

Do check with the dive operators there. I've heard of friends that couldn't dive in europe cos they are PADI/NUAI certified. According to them, some dive operators in europe, esp england, only recognise BSAC. Don't know how true that is, so it's better to check before hand.

Kira said:
Do check with the dive operators there. I've heard of friends that couldn't dive in europe cos they are PADI/NUAI certified. According to them, some dive operators in europe, esp england, only recognise BSAC. Don't know how true that is, so it's better to check before hand.
They may not know recognise what is PADI, NUAI or BSAC, but I'm very sure they will recognise the greenback (US Dollars)!!

eric69 said:
They may not know recognise what is PADI, NUAI or BSAC, but I'm very sure they will recognise the greenback (US Dollars)!!

You are right in a sense. What my friend claim is that they do not recognise his NAUI cert. So according to the dive operators there, if you want to dive, take a course in BSAC teach by them before you can dive.

AFAIK, diving in europe is very different from diving in the tropic. Water is colder, more harsh conditions, etc, etc. That could be the reason why some dive schools like PADI is not recognise there.

:cry: but i really want to dive in greece....

errr.. i mean since i'm going there.. might as well right? homework time..

DTan said:
:cry: but i really want to dive in greece....

errr.. i mean since i'm going there.. might as well right? homework time..

I thought such topics are way out of the UWCS quota liao... lol...

Dun dive for the sake of diving.... dive to enjoy, dive to relax.... rush here rush there, no fun liao...

Well I might be wrong, or it could be that it's only exclusive to england only. Whatever the case, it's still better to check before hand to avoid any disappointment.

Mmmmmm... Mediterranean Sea. Given a chance, I'll also want to dive there. Lucky for me, my open water is BSAC and advacne is PADI. Heheheh ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.