Dive Trip to Malapascua, Philippines

Status
Not open for further replies.

gainax

May 2, 2004
I just returned from my diving trip in Malapascua, Philippines. It was one of the most exciting dive trip I have went for so far althought the water visibility was terrible due to the start of moonsoons. This island is famous for sightings of Thresher Sharks and we came face to face with one which is more than 2 meters long at close distance :bigeyes: Even with the poor water visibility, we could see the shark very clearly as it was less than 5 meters away. We were very lucky as we managed to see the Thresher sharks for 2 consecutive dives.

I would recommend all divers to go to Malapascua. It's really a diving paradise! The dive master recommended to come again during march or april next year, which usually have visibility up to 30meters. If anyone need any information, feel free to PM me. ;)

Below is the URL for some of the photos I taken. Sorry for my poor skills :sweat: Comments are welcomed

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?...invite&cmp=EMC-IS_other&creative=album-invite

HELLO HELLO ... thanks for sharing with us your wonderful dive experience :D

how about hotlinking some of your best shots so that it is easier for the members to see your pics? and you can select those that you would much prefer comments on. :)

will still look through your album later, hee

Okie, as suggested :) The photos that turned out better are the following photos. I only have a Che-ez H2O Digital Camera with Housing. The quality of the photos were not too good.

f82ec49d.jpg

Pipefish - Direct URL

f82ec308.jpg

Sea snake - Direct URL

f82ec40b.jpg

Starfish - Direct URL

If the photos don't show, right click on the photos and select "show photo" or access the direct url.

hmmm.. hope you dun mind honest opinions... quite a lot of the pics are out of focus, and very greenish.. with heavy backscatter. i am not a pro photog myself, so i can only comment a little.
i do not know the functions and capabilities of your camera, but, as waisj always says .. *clear throat* "Get close, get low, shoot up"
(waisj, arent you proud of me? I can regurgitate! :D )

it seems that you are quite far from your subjects, and mostly are top down shots. try to be on level or lower than your subjects if you can. of course sometimes no choice la.

and for further distance and poor vis, do not take photos with flash, it will only be bounced back by the particles in the water, causing a lot of backscatter, and your actual subjects dark.

does your camera have macro function?

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking to turn off the flash in the water coz of the particles too, but was worried that there was not enought light so in the end used the flash.

Also many shots I took came out quite blur coz I think I went too close without using the macro mode. Well, will have to wait till the next dive to try again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.