Disposable Outing (Anyone Interested?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blur Shadow said:
PM sent to all participants. Please check.

We might have a rather famous guest in CS to join us tomorrow!

woah....excellent idea here....hope u guys have lots of fun with your shoot!

:D

Thanks, zaren!

Hey to all participants who were out today! I hope you had a great time!

Congrats to Nitellort, who emerged the winner of our little Disposables Challenge. I hope you enjoy your Carls' Junior voucher either way.

Good job, organising this one, Blur Shadow. It's been a long time for me since I last shot something like this, but fun. You really should do this again. It is a good experience, especially for those who've been shooting digital, it takes away the instand feedback and forces one to rely on other skills and re-learn how to see.

Some pics here from mine for your publicity. Encore!

Riding there
dc01-01.jpg

Hunter or hunted
dc01-04.jpg

Enslaved
dc01-05.jpg

Coming to grips with technology
dc01-08.jpg

and..... the final outputs from all who went...
dc01-xx.jpg

Here's some of mine!

Feeling the heat
F1000001.jpg

A boy's day out
F1000003.jpg

A view from below
F1000006.jpg

Buddies in a line
F1000007.jpg

Piping good smoke
F1000017.jpg

Riding the way
F1000020.jpg

Waiting, selling
F1000022.jpg

Enter the Matrix
F1000026.jpg

Kudos to Blur Shadow, that was a lot of good planning and logistics effort. Buy you coffee the next time we meet again. :thumbsup:

One way to make this a properly challenging and learning experience is to mandate a time frame of 1 hour to clear out the whole roll (27 frames aren't that much). Then to suggest each shooter maintains at least a 50% hit rate on pure street photography. Requiring all human subjects actually places a lot more emphasis on shooting. Then the review part after the shoot makes sure that everyone is on equal footing. After all, we are all there to learn, too, right?

As for the price, I personally think it is a good deal. If you are doing another in the month of May, Blur Shadow, I'd be delighted to join you. Ditto if you want me to help out with the after-action review.

very nice photos man..:) Wish I could have joined but got something on that day...:(

Azure said:
Kudos to Blur Shadow, that was a lot of good planning and logistics effort. Buy you coffee the next time we meet again. :thumbsup:

One way to make this a properly challenging and learning experience is to mandate a time frame of 1 hour to clear out the whole roll (27 frames aren't that much). Then to suggest each shooter maintains at least a 50% hit rate on pure street photography. Requiring all human subjects actually places a lot more emphasis on shooting. Then the review part after the shoot makes sure that everyone is on equal footing. After all, we are all there to learn, too, right?

As for the price, I personally think it is a good deal. If you are doing another in the month of May, Blur Shadow, I'd be delighted to join you. Ditto if you want me to help out with the after-action review.

Thank you Azure, for your encouraging comments! Yes, I'd certainly consider all your pointers for the next outing.

And yes, this means there will be another outing in the pipeline! Yup, as you've guessed, it will be on the month of May. So keep your dates clear for the month of May guys!

aaron80 said:
very nice photos man..:) Wish I could have joined but got something on that day...:(

Hey, aaron80. Don't fret. Another one is being planned right now as I type this reply! Heh! Do keep the month of May free yeah! ;)

29tim05 said:
need to start practice liao...

to me is a very fun outing..don't need to bring my heavy stuffs

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

From the pictures by Barnie, I think there are still ppl lugging equipments around loor.

;p

No, Andy, They happened to be in the route I decided to take. And I was stuck with a client call on the phone, so a good 9-10 shots were one-handed blind shots.

I think you are referring to this -->
dc01-04.jpg

I do not know the two of them, though I had thought them to be NAFA/La-Salle students. There was a lot of young people with cameras along the route I took. Hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.