Discrimination by NIE against SP's IT cert? (DCIS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystix

Jan 18, 2002
Planet Earth
Visit site
I have a Dip in Computer Information Systems (SP) , graduated in 2000.
Anyway I was keepin my career options open so i thought no harm trying to apply for a place in NIE's Bsc (Ed) course yesterday. Earlier in the morning i submited online the 'apply to teach form' (required b4 applyin for NIE) and in the afternoon i went to NTU's website to apply for the their Bsc (ed) course. but the system prompted me that i was not eligible. I found it strange so i clicked on the link for 'list of acceptable dip for ntu/nus courses'.
To my suprise, my dip wasn't eligible while all the other IT/Computer Studies dip by all the rest of the polys were! I really dun think SP's cert pales in comparision to the rest of the polys. I know last time we were formally called JSIST but by the time i graduated we've already merged entirely with SP.

other than this i can think of no other reason why we're discriminated by NIE.

;( ;( ;(

Originally posted by Mystix
I have a Dip in Computer Information Systems (SP) , graduated in 2000.
Anyway I was keepin my career options open so i thought no harm trying to apply for a place in NIE's Bsc (Ed) course yesterday. Earlier in the morning i submited online the 'apply to teach form' (required b4 applyin for NIE) and in the afternoon i went to NTU's website to apply for the their Bsc (ed) course. but the system prompted me that i was not eligible. I found it strange so i clicked on the link for 'list of acceptable dip for ntu/nus courses'.
To my suprise, my dip wasn't eligible while all the other IT/Computer Studies dip by all the rest of the polys were! I really dun think SP's cert pales in comparision to the rest of the polys. I know last time we were formally called JSIST but by the time i graduated we've already merged entirely with SP.

other than this i can think of no other reason why we're discriminated by NIE.

Call up NIE/MOE to clarify and confirm; dun be surprise if it's a system error!

;( ;( ;(

i email them about it liao then they tu 2 days never reply i dulan email back 'ask' whether should i write to the straits times forum would prompt for a faster reply from them. next morning their ast head of admission email me back say the list of dips is based on the 'professional assessment of our academic staff'.
sighz....bo wei kong loh.
i think the reason is becoz now they revamped the course name it to Dip in IT liao my cert virtually extinct liao.
feel like burning my cert man. :(

i think no use also...they r not the ones who decide on the admission anyway. Even though i've given up hope of applying now, i still feel that's it a injustice. Its like for eg. saying that NTU only recognizes Ngee Ann's Diploma in Accountancy and not SP's diploma in accountancy for its accountancy course.
do you all think i should write to the straits times forum.
i really think they are depriving pple from my course and not juz me of the chance to study in their bsc course.

Status
Not open for further replies.