Diploma & Degree In Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

victoru

Aug 13, 2005
Basic and Advanced Photography course starting Mar, 2006. 6 lessons for SGD180. Lessons conducted by professional instructor at Cavalry School of Management and Design.
For students who aspire to advance further, the school also offers Diploma, Bachelor and Masters degree courses in photography. Award by Italian university. Interested students can call at 62246838 for more information or visit our website at www.cidschool.com

photobum said:
I will conduct them for FREE!!!! Mmmmm.... maybe over a Starbucks grande Mocha. I have a MFA degree in photography from Rochester Institute of Technology in the US, so I am consider qualified to teach such courses. Besides taking photographs for a living, I also manage two studios and a team of photography and DI staff. Therefore I can cover the management part too. Plus, I shoot weddings and stock photography freelance. I will teach you how to "sell" yourself and your images.

wah.... pro taking action.

willing to learn, you willing to teach?.......... of course over Starbucks/CoffeeBeans. btw what is MFA?

photobum said:
I will conduct them for FREE!!!! Mmmmm.... maybe over a Starbucks grande Mocha. I have a MFA degree in photography from Rochester Institute of Technology in the US, so I am consider qualified to teach such courses. Besides taking photographs for a living, I also manage two studios and a team of photography and DI staff. Therefore I can cover the management part too. Plus, I shoot weddings and stock photography freelance. I will teach you how to "sell" yourself and your images.
are you serious dude? my friend and i are very interested in film photography, and would be very glad to learn from you. we both live in yishun too! ;p

wow! I also interested. I stay at Sembawang so its still near to Yishun. So you will be having 14 cups of Starbucks coffee per lesson? :bsmilie: (at the last count of 13 pm plus mine)

hehe sent a pm too..

and what a coincidence, i live in yishun too hehe.. oh ya y is everyone tokin' abt yishun anyway? photobum resides there?

photobum said:
Phew... Thanks for the overwhelming response. Thirteen PMs so far. Instead of answering them one-by-one, I just want to say I will keep all of you informed. First, I need to find a classroom. Anyone willing to contribute?

BTW, MFA is the acronym for Masters of Fine Arts, which is the equilvalent to a Ph.D in the fine arts faculty (except art history).

P.S.: I don't like Coffee Bean and Tea Leaves coffees. Starbucks only....

I am keen too..... PM sent

I am keen too.. =)

I believe we shouldn't crash into victoru's thread.

We all appreciate Photobums' effort. I'd like very much to learn for free as well. Suggest photobum create another thread regarding his plans

Till then, let's stop OT on victoru's thread. There are people who're sincerely wanting to learn and get certification.

Cheers!

Pardon my OT a bit here. I just found out that it will cost me $65 an hour to rent a classroom with a LCD projector, and 15 desks and chairs. Therefore, it isn't practical for me to offer this course for free anymore.

Also, material printing costs are high.

di0nysus said:
We all appreciate Photobums' effort. I'd like very much to learn for free as well.
I apologise for this. Please read the post above. The free course isn't practical.

photobum said:
Pardon my OT a bit here. I just found out that it will cost me $65 an hour to rent a classroom with a LCD projector, and 15 desks and chairs. Therefore, it isn't practical for me to offer this course for free anymore.

Also, material printing costs are high.

Hi photobum, since you're manageing 2 studios, why not conduct the course there?

Anyway, giver your MFA status, I'm sure all of us would gladly pay for the $65/hr and any printing cost. If it is a 2 hrs lesson every session, cost will be $65 X 2 + $50 for printing, total will be $180/- divided by 15 students = $12/-.
Given your MFA degree, working professional photographer status, manager of 2 studio with teams of photography and DI staff and ability to teach us how to sell our service, $12/- is chicken feet. I'm sure all of us will be more than willing to pay $12/- to attend your lessons. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.