DILEMMAAAA....Konica Minolta Dynax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my Konica M Dynax 5D nearly 3 years ago. I don't know if i shud sell the camera OR continue to get its accessories like d WA lens n SB flash?

Another option is to TRY to sell this beloved camera of mine and get another cam...guess this time it wud either be a Canon 40D or a Nikon D80..

Any recommendations anyone?

Or any buyers for my Konica?

;p

you didn't get any other lens since 3 years ago? then fair enough, i suppose you have less pull factor to get rid of this one

then ask yourself, why do you want to get rid of your camera?

is this dynax 5d or dynax 5 youre talking about.. kinda confused here.. lol

well, why do you want to change camera?

is the old camera spoilt?

or is there something about it you're not happy with?

do you have a lot of minolta accessories or just the kit lens?

you didn't get any other lens since 3 years ago? then fair enough, i suppose you have less pull factor to get rid of this one

then ask yourself, why do you want to get rid of your camera?

yeah i didnt get it cuz I wasnt in Singapore and it was too expensive to get it overseas at that time. Well to ans ur qn..Konica is already replaced by Sony (not much of a Sony fan at the moment but their digi cams are gd tho..lol)
I went to test some models of Canon and Nikon...their resolution, shutter speed, accessories, drive are much better than my Konica..

well, why do you want to change camera?

is the old camera spoilt?

or is there something about it you're not happy with?

do you have a lot of minolta accessories or just the kit lens?

Unfortunately, i just sent it in for repair..and it cost me 180..the anti-shake was faulty.I bought the kit 3 yrs ago, and got from a fren a voigtlander 100-300 1:5.5 - 6.7 lens ..not much of an accessory huh..lol. not really happy with its cont drive as well.

basically wud love a cam that I can expand on to help out with my sis with her startup wedding fotog company.

basically wud love a cam that I can expand on to help out with my sis with her startup wedding fotog company.

Looks like you have not invested too much in the Minolta system.. so like the rest said its not too difficult to change to another system..

IMO..It will better for you to use the same system as your sister if your intend to help her on a long term basis.. you 2 can share lenses n other accessories etc... but at the end of the day.. whats important is you try out the different cameras and choose one you really like..

yeah i didnt get it cuz I wasnt in Singapore and it was too expensive to get it overseas at that time. Well to ans ur qn..Konica is already replaced by Sony (not much of a Sony fan at the moment but their digi cams are gd tho..lol)
I went to test some models of Canon and Nikon...their resolution, shutter speed, accessories, drive are much better than my Konica..

fair enough, but there is still support for km dslrs from sony, i guess?

how about other brands like olympus and pentax? i honestly think you should look everywhere, weigh the pros and cons, every brand has its strengths and weaknesses, do not think that just because canon and nikon got a lot of users means they are the best for you :bsmilie: got a lot of people just blindly follow, you know?

fair enough, but there is still support for km dslrs from sony, i guess?

how about other brands like olympus and pentax? i honestly think you should look everywhere, weigh the pros and cons, every brand has its strengths and weaknesses, do not think that just because canon and nikon got a lot of users means they are the best for you :bsmilie: got a lot of people just blindly follow, you know?

Tanks for the advice..yeah i kinda get wat u mean wen ppl just follow..but cuz Im also weighing d option about flexibility. Ill look to other brands as well n c how it will go.Tanks!

If u ask me... I wouldn't sell yet.. but to check out the new Sony range of cameras and lens.
Honestly I was facing the same problem about 6 months ago... but now, I'm a true fan of my KM5D and growing to love the A-mount system even more... and this is after knowing many KM/Sony bros from CS. :)

Anyway, you may just start to like it and the new Sony cams might just add to your armory for your sis's company use...

But at end of the day, the choice is yours. Make a wise one and most importantly, dun regret in 3 years time... ;)

I bought my Konica M Dynax 5D nearly 3 years ago. I don't know if i shud sell the camera OR continue to get its accessories like d WA lens n SB flash?

Another option is to TRY to sell this beloved camera of mine and get another cam...guess this time it wud either be a Canon 40D or a Nikon D80..

Any recommendations anyone?

Or any buyers for my Konica?

;p

R u just changing to a new camera becourse the old body is out dated? If u dont shoot more then 3 times a month, i think u should just stick to what u already have..changing to another system will still end up the same problem after 3 years.

Try saving up to get better lenses...they make a diff.:bsmilie:

Oh my ppl..guess what..the camera went bonkers on me again. It seemed that after metering and getting a focus, the camera just won't snap a foto.. the same old problem when i sent in for d first repair like a month ago..the engineer told me it was d anti-shake that needed replacement....oh my...

Status
Not open for further replies.