Digital SLR - Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom K

Sep 8, 2003
Jurong
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I used to be taking lots of photos with SLRs many years back. Had been using a digital camera for afew years now and have decided to turn serious about this hobby again.

I have decided to buy a Digital SLR after saving up about $2500. I wonder if I should buy a Nikon or Canon entry level SLR? With $2500 should I get something mid-range or just buy a basic SLR and use the rest of the money for lenses, flash and other accessories. While I know both are good brands, which will be better for my budget.

Thank you for responding to my questions.
:)

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
The first question is: "What is the existing SLR equipment that I am having now?"
Sticking to the existing make of your SLR when you 'shift' over to DSLR will very significantly save your expenses.

Tom K

Sep 8, 2003
Jurong
Visit site
My slr camera that I have not used for a few years now is a Canon 50N with a medium zoom lens only. Think it is about 9 years old now.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
CANON EOS 50N utilises the EF mount. So do the new current crop of CANON DSLRs, with the addition of EFS lenses for those DSLRs with 1.6x FOV. (eg.: EOS 300D, 350D, 20D)
That means that the len(es) that you have right now for your EOS 50N is usable with the new CANON DSLR, if you are to get a CANON DSLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom