Digital Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesame_street98

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
HI guys,

I need your help on this part. I am using a G2 camera now with teleconvertor 2x and wide angle 0.42X (dunno what brand)

What I realise is when using the lenses (the wide angle esp.), there seems to be a dark ring around the image (fish eye view).
I am wondering whether this is because it is lousy lenses or this is a normal phenomenon for digital camera using lenses.

Is there anyway to rectify this? Or can recommend me a better lenses?

Thnx in advance for your help!

:)

hi there bro,

the dark ring is called vignetting. for there not to be vignett, use the telephoto lens at full zoom, and the wide angle lens at full wide angle.

regards

Thnx for your reply

But sometimes at full zoom there are still a bit of dark patches at the corners. And what dya mean by using at full wide angle? :confused:

Sorry a newbie here.
Thnx for your help!

There will still be vignetting if the convertors are not properly matched to the camera.

If there is a mismatch, vignetting will always be most severe at the wide angle end.

The convertors you bought are probably not that suitable for your camera.

Originally posted by sesame_street98
Thnx for your reply

But sometimes at full zoom there are still a bit of dark patches at the corners. And what dya mean by using at full wide angle? :confused:

Sorry a newbie here.
Thnx for your help!

zerstorer has answered your 1st question, so the answer to the second question is that wide angle is the opposite of full zoom out.

regards

Hmm... that the lenses not suitable?

Juz wodering if that is the case that means it is pretty impossible to combine 2 or 3 lenses to shoot as the vignetting will be more severe (for instance adding polarizer + TC or anything else)?

Any good lenses to recommend and the estimated street price hopefully. :)

Thnx lots bros!

Have you tried the origianl G2 converters?

for teleconverters, there will be some vignetting, at the camera's full wide-angle, you will need to zoom out a bit to avoid the vignetting.

as for wide-angle converters, there should not be any vignetting, at the camera's wide-angle i.e. you should not be zooming out to avoid the vignetting.

As for stacking, most you should do, is to have a UV filter on the lens adapter, and not use any polarisers with that. The more leayers you got on, the more degradation of quality, and you will lose a couple of stops of exposures.

but before you buy, be sure to check out the prices at AP, CP and MS Color. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.