Digital namecard printing services

Status
Not open for further replies.

oracle0711

Dear Clubsnap members

It is common that many photographers do not print their name cards in large quantity (300 pcs and above). As such off-set printing may not be of the best benefit in terms of economy of scale. Furthermore, the turn around time taken would normally take at least 2-3 working days.

With digital printing, things are much better as artwork submitted can be in common formats such as TIFF or JPEG (as long as they are in 300dpi). Furthermore, digital print offers the benefits of low volume printing such as 1 box (100pcs) per order and delivery can be made within the same working day or at max the next following day.

A few of my friends and myself have started a small digital printing business and we are offering namecard printing for a start to members of Clubsnap at the following price:

100 pcs (or 1 box) - $14.00
200 pcs (or 2 boxes) - $26.00
200 pcs (or 3 boxes) - $36.00

Prices quoted above are for single-sided, full-color and comes with hot-lamination and printed on 200dpi white color artcard.

To place an order, you can send and email to sales@12dprint.com together with the following details:
1. Artwork attachment (in JPEG, TIFF at 300dpi)
2. Your name, contact number and clubsnap ID

Upon receiving your artwork, we will call you to confirm your order and arrange the timing and place for collection (normally at the nearest MRT station to you).

Alternatively, if you stay in the east or you have the transport means, you can self-collect at the following address (and enjoy $1 discount off every 100pcs ordered):

Lighthouse Images (close on Monday)
Blk 416, Bedok North Avenue 2, #01-31, Singapore 460416

If you have any queries or suggestions, please do not hesitate to email me at the following address: daniel.sim@12dprint.com

We will be offering more digital printing services in the near future, so do keep a look out for this thread. We hope to be a service to all of you.

Cheers and best regards,

Daniel Sim

Hi,

Yes we do have samples but would be best view as it is (i.e. physically) rather than on-screen.

The price quoted is single sided but we can do double sided too just that it would cost a bit more due to the work needed to calibrate the printer alignment.

If you are interested, we can arrange to meet up to let you have a feel of the printing. No obligation. :) :)

Daniel

hey great deal! Any samples to show
just a quick question, is it double side print?

Hmmm how long will the printing take?

Is it in colour or B&W?
Wat is the method of payment?

For double sided colour how much?

If order is place before 11am, it will be ready for collection before 5pm on the same day. Else it will be the next day before 11am.

This time frame includes hot lami? Is it the matt lami feel?

I presume you are using laser printers for such printings?

I have some experiences that some laser printers do give an uneven tone (you can see some faint strips across the same color tone), and some don't.

I stay in Hougang, very near Serangoon. Is it possible if I meet you and see some samples around our place? That will be good as I need to do some printing, minimum 300 pcs for my own card.

I must say that for print + matt lami for this price is very very reasonable.

Yes it includes the hot lamination and the material is matt surface. We normally don't recommend glossy surface though we do have the material with us - it looks a bit ugly... personal feel.

Yes i don't like the glossy feel too. It looks too unprofessional. Matt lami is the way to go :cool:

Let me know if it's a go or no-go to meet up. :) Thanks

We are using Fuji Xerox DocuColor 1256GA for the printing.

It's common for uneven tone in certain color and texture (especially photographic images) but this model has improve a lot over the previous one. I used it to print small volume of commercial report and magazines for my clients.

As for faint strips, they happen especially when the machine is getting older and/or the toner is running dry.

So far for namecards they are pretty ok as all the vendors offering digital prints are using more or less the same kind of machines ... it's either FujiXerox, Ricoh or Canon.

Give me a ring at 97686991 if you wish to meet up. Why don't you send me a 300dpi image of your artwork? I print a few pcs for you at no cost so that you can see if you like the final result. Just send it to daniel.sim@12dprint.com

Cheers

Daniel

I presume you are using laser printers for such printings?

I have some experiences that some laser printers do give an uneven tone (you can see some faint strips across the same color tone), and some don't.

I stay in Hougang, very near Serangoon. Is it possible if I meet you and see some samples around our place? That will be good as I need to do some printing, minimum 300 pcs for my own card.

I must say that for print + matt lami for this price is very very reasonable.

We are using Fuji Xerox DocuColor 1256GA for the printing.

It's common for uneven tone in certain color and texture (especially photographic images) but this model has improve a lot over the previous one. I used it to print small volume of commercial report and magazines for my clients.

As for faint strips, they happen especially when the machine is getting older and/or the toner is running dry.

So far for namecards they are pretty ok as all the vendors offering digital prints are using more or less the same kind of machines ... it's either FujiXerox, Ricoh or Canon.

Give me a ring at 97686991 if you wish to meet up. Why don't you send me a 300dpi image of your artwork? I print a few pcs for you at no cost so that you can see if you like the final result. Just send it to daniel.sim@12dprint.com

Cheers

Daniel

Will do. Thanks Daniel.

I will SMS you when i send the artwork. Thanks very much.

Sounds great! Will come down to have a look when I'm free... ;) My avatar is my self-made name card...

The price indicated is for single-sided color with hot lamination. For double sided there will be more work and therefore a additional $2.50 per 100pcs.

If I sent you my card attachment via email, you will deliver to my door step?
Also can I make payment via IB or how?

If I sent you my card attachment via email, you will deliver to my door step?
Also can I make payment via IB or how?

We normally don't deliver right to the door step but can meet at the MRT station that is at your preference. Payment is Cash on Delivery. Just email me via email with your contact details and clubsnap ID. We will call you once we receive your email. Cheers,

Daniel

Sounds great! Will come down to have a look when I'm free... ;) My avatar is my self-made name card...

thanks. Give me a ring before you come down (assuming you are coming down to the Bedok North Ave 2 shop aka Lighthouse images). If I am not around, just look for Arik. I can pass him some samples so that he can have it ready for those who can drop by.

Hi Daniel

glad to know you've started your own printing biz. :) I'm in the process of doing up my website to offer freelance photographic svs and may need your svs very soon! Perhaps can we meet up to view some of your namecard samples? Also, can you give me the dimensions to set the namecard size in PS?

Thanks for the support bro,

Sure, we can meet up to go through the samples. As for dimensions there is actually no fixed length and breadth but it typically evolves around 9cm x 5.5cm as the common standard. You can modify it to your creative needs by moving around 8cm x 5cm or 9cm by 5cm etc.

Hope to catch up with you soon.

daniel

Hi Daniel

glad to know you've started your own printing biz. :) I'm in the process of doing up my website to offer freelance photographic svs and may need your svs very soon! Perhaps can we meet up to view some of your namecard samples? Also, can you give me the dimensions to set the namecard size in PS?

Status
Not open for further replies.