Digital Cams in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluke

Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
I'm going to Tokyo in a couple of weeks...any recommedations as to where I should buy my camera from? :sweat: I know akihabara is famous for electronics, but I heard that some shops in Shinjuku is better (or maybe even the wholesalers)...

need some advice, thanks! :D

fluke said:
I'm going to Tokyo in a couple of weeks...any recommedations as to where I should buy my camera from? :sweat: I know akihabara is famous for electronics, but I heard that some shops in Shinjuku is better (or maybe even the wholesalers)...

need some advice, thanks! :D

yes, some shops in shinjuku is better!

try Mapcamera. So far, find their prices the best among the rest like Yodobashi-camera, BicCamera, Sakuraya, Kitamura.

map_s.gif

when are you going?

thanks! I will be sure to check them out...thinking of getting the Lumix DMC FZ-10 :thumbsup:
I'm going in mid november :D

really ah? hehe....that's great. Anywhere in particular to capture the red maple leaves in it's glory? :bsmilie:

fluke said:
really ah? hehe....that's great. Anywhere in particular to capture the red maple leaves in it's glory? :bsmilie:

it is now slowly changing from the northern part of japan. by mid november, the best should be outside of tokyo..maybe, kyoto, nara, nagano, nikko, aomori...almost every part...

thanks....but the furthest I can go will only be hakone :eek: but hopefully i can catch some red :thumbsup:

I just returned from Japan last week. Unfortunately the very very high Yen meant that camera prices were mostly on par with prices in Singapore, at least for canon models. Don't forget that you may actually be able negotiate (a bit) even though the shops appear to be fixed price.

kng said:
Unfortunately the very very high Yen meant that camera prices were mostly on par with prices in Singapore, at least for canon models.

That's a shame :( was looking to forward to picking up some things in Japan.
Did u manage to see the Lumix DMC FZ-10 there?

fluke said:
That's a shame :( was looking to forward to picking up some things in Japan.
Did u manage to see the Lumix DMC FZ-10 there?

Try the big 3 of Yodobashi, Bic and sakuraya to see if u can get a good deal using their points system. Or try looking at kakaku.com for something like hardwarezone's price lists. U should be able to find lots of accessories u cant find in S'pore in Shinjuku.

fluke, the yodobashi main branch (in shinjuku) is just about next to mapcamera...i don't think you've purchased anything from them before so i think the point system is of not much use...unless i'm there with you, coz can use my points...purchased much computer stuff and recently, camera related stuff from these stores...

actually, if you see something cheaper elsewhere, you can also try to tell them that elsewhere is cheaper...they may just match it...tried and tested (for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.