"DigiCard" brand SM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jango

Apr 2, 2002
www.pbase.com
I was wanting to buy a 128MB SM but CP only has stock for one brand - DigiCard. I was quoted $105. Is this a good price?

I know the CF has different speed rating. Does SM have that too? Or all the same? Then how to tell which is good or bad? Or is price the deciding factor?

SM doesn't has diff speed. So not much diif which brand. Only which brand more durable, I guess. Try AP, might be able to get Ridata or NCP around $85.

CF cards have the controller built-in. SM cards do not, so there shouldn't be any significant speed differences.

Cathay Photo doesn't sell memory carnds cheap.

Originally posted by Jango
I was wanting to buy a 128MB SM but CP only has stock for one brand - DigiCard. I was quoted $105. Is this a good price?

I know the CF has different speed rating. Does SM have that too? Or all the same? Then how to tell which is good or bad? Or is price the deciding factor?

OT: so you did not buy the A40 in the end. Which model did you buy? C2100?

Originally posted by copland

OT: so you did not buy the A40 in the end. Which model did you buy? C2100?

Yeah change my mind at the last minute.:p Bought a C2100 for $920.

Originally posted by Jango

Yeah change my mind at the last minute.:p Bought a C2100 for $920.

where did you bought it? what are the things/accessories/freebies included?

thanks!

Originally posted by luisg

where did you bought it? what are the things/accessories/freebies included?

thanks!

I bought it at CP Marina branch. Apparently it was the last piece when I bought it. But you can always call them up to check. I heard from some forumners that Alan Photo has stock and is selling below $900. If you really want it, act fast b'cos I believe there wont be new shipment coming in anymore since Olympus has discontinued it.

Btw, no freebies lah. Got a Lowepro bag for $18. Dunno good price or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.