Digicab hygrometer reading not accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camdude2003

Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
Hi all,

I got a DHC250 Wide recently. It is the digital version and I understand that all I have to do is specify the RH level on the digital display and the RH will be adjusted automatically.

However when I put in two hygrometers inside the unit, I realise that the digital display is at least 10% off! While it shows about 60%, both my hygrometers show about 45%. Is this a problem or is this within acceptable limits?

To be fair, both my hygrometers aren't caliberated, and one is quite old... but both are within 5% of one another, and the digicab's hygrometer is more than 10% off...

Hi all,

I got a DHC250 Wide recently. It is the digital version and I understand that all I have to do is specify the RH level on the digital display and the RH will be adjusted automatically.

However when I put in two hygrometers inside the unit, I realise that the digital display is at least 10% off! While it shows about 60%, both my hygrometers show about 45%. Is this a problem or is this within acceptable limits?

To be fair, both my hygrometers aren't caliberated, and one is quite old... but both are within 5% of one another, and the digicab's hygrometer is more than 10% off...

These hygrometers that you buy outside are usually +/- 5% accurate to a certain RH range i.e. 65%-80%. Below or above that RH range, the accuracy would suffer.

There are 2 simple ways you can do a test to see if your hygrometers are accurate; one is using the DIY 'salt test' method, the other is using the Humidipak RH 75.5% Calibration Kit (which is actually a pre-packed salt test kit).

There are threads in CS talking about the 'salt test'. Please check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.