Digi Cabi or Aipo Dry Cabinet for Starters

My RH varies drastically between 30% and 50%. Having a hell of a time calibrating the analog Akarui cabinet.

Does the air-con have a big effect on the readings? My room air-con is on only at night.

hi, i just bought the AD-060 dry cabinet and was told to set it around 50s for 24 hours before storing it. problem is, the dial has no reference to what the level is! can someone tell me which way i should turn??

Hi, i am a total newbie in photography and would like to share my experience. Dun mind i too naggy...haha

Purchased my first ever DSLR (Sony A550) last november. Also did not think of buying dry cabby until my bro reminded me that buying a dry cabi should not be taken as additional spending but a must in protecting our "investments".

Got myself a Akarui E26D and below is my observations of my analogue cabi RH readings

Day 1. When reached home at 8PM, power it up at M, running without a single thing inside until next morning

Day 2. Switched off at 7.30AM and went work (not concerned in power comsumption but have the habit of unplugging all electrical stuffs except my fridge when no one will be at home). When reached home at around 6PM, power on, put my cammy & other stuffs in. RH at about 60% when door closed. at around 11+ before i went bed, RH at abt 45%.

Day 3. Woke up, took a peep. RH40%. Before i went work @7.30AM, switched off power and went work....when back home from work, RH remained at around 40%.

My bro told me his RH reading (Digital ones) often fluctuate tremendously even though he also switch off when no one at home.

Well i guess, it reali depends on luck on the QC of the set bought..:dunno:

Is it normal for the dry cabinet to fluctuate after you put your gears in?

Hi Enrisa, for me normally i oso dunno doing wat crap :)
sometimes keep forgetting to take wat i am supposed to
so in the end either open and close too many times if not can be
one time open big and long time than thinking wat to take...haha..
So eventually RH went up and only dropped after a couple of hours..

Last edited:
Is it normal for the dry cabinet to fluctuate after you put your gears in?

Is it normal for the temperature in the fridge to fluctuate after you open it to get a drink? The answer is obvious yes.

Just to be precise, no it doesn't fluctuate. the RH just shoots up by maybe 10-20% and steadily drops as time passes. That is not fluctuating :bsmilie:

the reason i ask is because the past 2 days i've been having problem getting it to stay in the region of 40-50. on the first day, after some 12-20 hours, it dropped to 32, i adjusted it and it shot back up to 53 and now i'm struggling to get it down to say 45. grr

Is this thread history or still valid?

Is this thread history or still valid?
Fungus hasn't changed, humidity in SG is still the same (despite the personal perception of some), Relative Humidity is still measured the same way .. I don't any reason to disregard the knowledge shared here. The models and makers of some dry cabinets might have changed, though.
Do also read the other threads about the same topic.