dig a thread or start a new thread?

dig a thread or start a new thread?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrmariano

Oct 18, 2007
Rivervale
if you have thing to say or ask, you'll probably will post a new thread or search for an old thread?

coz i noticed that if you post a new thread with similar topic that had been posted before, some will tell you to "use the search function".

but if you reply on that thread, some will tell you "thread digger". so what to do?

if ones ask a same question that someone have asked before, which the question has been well discussed, than what is the need for ones to post a new thread asking a same question?

eg, would you like to see a thread like "what is PL filter for?" or "do I need a dry cabinet?" in every two or three days?

if the question has not been answered, ones can always start a new thread to ask questions.

anyway, old threads are for reference, no point dig out and reply to a 3 or 4 years old thread, the original thread starter may don't need the answer any more.

hope this help.

Does that mean that old threads should be locked?

if you have thing to say or ask, you'll probably will post a new thread or search for an old thread?

coz i noticed that if you post a new thread with similar topic that had been posted before, some will tell you to "use the search function".

but if you reply on that thread, some will tell you "thread digger". so what to do?

Boh Pian lah.

You'll either be told by someone to "use the search function" or be called a "thread digger".

You can't win. You just have to live with your questions unanswered.

Many have lived a life without knowing the difference between extension tube and close-up filter and macro lens. But they live a happy life. :bsmilie:

Start by saying, "Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I have something to add on"

Depends. I would use the search function first. If I see the thread is dated 2000, I think it's better to start a new thread. If it's recent, then continue the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.