Different formats of media for DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaGixShOe

Apr 16, 2002
magixshoe.clubsnap.org
there is memory stick, SD, SM, MMC and some other big bro. like IBM mirco drive

which is has the fastest respond? can anyone rank them up for reference?

anyway my fren has this konica DC which uses MMC and i notice that after taking photo and switch to viewing mode it tends to alg quite alot. that happens also when changing from one pic to another

is the fault lie in the DC or the media it uses?

Here's one for CF:
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/mediacompare/

According to this CNetAsia article, MMC max out at 2.5MB/s and SD max out at 10MB/s.

According to this MemoryStick.org article, Sony's Memory Stick uses transfer rates of 1.8 MB/s for write and 2.45 MB/s for read at present. Higher rates are possible in the "future"...

Smartmedia seems to be dependant only on the read/write device. Not too sure about this...:dunno:

wow! thankx!

i though memory stick offers higher transfer rates since its a sony?

haa
so SD is the fastest now uh?

I believe those are just theoretical figures...;)

I believe the controller/slot/drive on your device plays an important role too...eg my USB card reader can read/write MUCH faster than my Palm PDA using the same piece of SD...

Then again, I've never managed to get 10MB/s using the SD on my card reader too...probably because the USB bus is limited to only 12Mb/s (1.5MB/s)...internally the transfer might be 10MB/s though...but there's no way to tell/test...

You 6Mb/s USB buy from where? ;)

I think I know what you mean...however...depending on the chipset and/or the implementation...it is possible to have the full 12Mb/s bandwidth on each port...

it is not on the chipset
the USB BUS can support up to 12Mbps
but each device can only request for 6Mbps

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
it is not on the chipset
the USB BUS can support up to 12Mbps
but each device can only request for 6Mbps

Think you're wrong on this count. I was able to get close to 12Mbps using a scanner. Maybe you want to show us some links where you saw it?

look at the chart in the link below. for the faster cards, the speed goes up to ~8Mbps.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/microtech_cameramate.html

the webbie link only shows this

Provides transfer rates of up to 1.2MB/sec.

anyway the info i gave was a fact
not taken from any website i read

the webbie link only shows this

Provides transfer rates of up to 1.2MB/sec.

anyway the info i gave was a fact
not taken from any website i read

your own fact?

IBM Microdrive 340MB Type II 1:05
70MB of data took 65s to compete or 8.62Mbps.

I've a USB to USB network too at home and I regularly transfer around 8Mbps and more.

erm... how did u go about getting 8.63Mbps??

70 x 8 Mb/ 65s = 8.62 Mb/s

actually dunno leh, when I transfer files from my external USB harddisk, I get 800KB/s or about 6.4Mb/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.