Difference in Circular Polarisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandruff

Jun 18, 2006
I lost my hoya cpl and bought a kenko one to replace it for about half the price.

the thing is, the kenko doesnt seem to work! or at least there hardly isnt any polarising effect. with the hoya i could see the colour of the sky deepen and reflections disappear as i turned it, but with the kenko i cant see any changes, nor can i tell the difference in photos with and without the filter.

is this normal???? help!!!!!!

its actually hard to find any different without looking at the picture @ 100%. The cheaper filter usually doesn't have coating or use low quality coating that might induce flare easily, otherwise i think they are nearly the same.

I lost my hoya cpl and bought a kenko one to replace it for about half the price.

the thing is, the kenko doesnt seem to work! or at least there hardly isnt any polarising effect. with the hoya i could see the colour of the sky deepen and reflections disappear as i turned it, but with the kenko i cant see any changes, nor can i tell the difference in photos with and without the filter.

is this normal???? help!!!!!!

polarizing strength also depends on the angle of lighting etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.