Did you try dcraw

Status
Not open for further replies.

stougard

Deregistered
I just bought a Finepix S3pro and because of the lack of good raw converter from Fuji, I started to search an other good raw converter.

Usually I work with Nikon Capture, unfortunatly, it does not afford the S3pro.

I tested BibblePro (what I don't think it's really good, anyway, too expensive for the quality), I was quite surprised by Raw Developer (on MacOSX only), it's a good raw converter in my point of view, Lightroom is as well very good but the big surprise came from dcraw who is really better than all this softwares.

Dcraw is free, sources are provided, it's a command line tool on MacOSX, Linux and maybe Windows and it's used by many proprietary softwares. I even compared with a .nef from my D1h on Nikon Capture, very francly, with an unsharp mask in PS (1px at 150%) and once curve is set, result from dcraw is almost as good as Nikon Capture.

Please try it and give me your point of view, I'm very curious to hear you (blind people who think there software is the best anyway without trying an other one, just keep it for you, thanks).

hmm looks very good.
will test it out when i have the chance!

Yep, dcraw is very good - actually quite a number commercial raw converters are based on dcraw or at least use parts of it (ACR for one). For your S3Pro, have you tried using the alternative Fuji Super CCD rotate mechanism from the one in-built in dcraw ? Would also like to see the output from using the other program on there to use Fuji's green sensors for a black and white image.

gooseberry said:
Yep, dcraw is very good - actually quite a number commercial raw converters are based on dcraw or at least use parts of it (ACR for one). For your S3Pro, have you tried using the alternative Fuji Super CCD rotate mechanism from the one in-built in dcraw ? Would also like to see the output from using the other program on there to use Fuji's green sensors for a black and white image.

I didn't try the rotate the rotate software, but I tried the B&W from the green sensor. Very francly, I prefere desaturate a color photo or make black and white directly from an association of green and red in PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.