Did i get ripped off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similar issue once. Definitely overpriced.

Filter is 10 or slightly less.
The lens is definitely no buy, even if its 20 dollars.

And the shop.. is confirm a no go.

But after today, you'll definitely be much wiser when buying things.

Last edited:
Live and learn...

nvm lah.

no one, no matter how shrewd, will get conned once in a while.

no problem.

be happy.

just wanna see how much money i got cheated of, if its a lot I will complain to CASE.
I did some research and I found out i bought it from a scam shop called WORLDWIDE CENTRE @ Penisula Plaza. :(

I think i need to highlighted again. Warning. Don't buy from Worldwide Centre@Penisula Plaza!!! To be frank, i was cheating my this shop too when i was starting out in photography last year. I wonder why the shop can survive so long? maybe always rip people off that why.

Funan was selling the same lens at less than $50.

Last edited:
whoa. du kannst gutes Deutsch sprechen. ich bin nicht so gut.

schon, wir mussen nicht von Thema abkommen.

I bought my d80kit grey set 1 or 2 years ago from this shop.Manage to get it around $200 cheaper than what Alan Photo Funan quoted me. Even talked to the owner Jeffrey and he even showed me pics of his family on his desktop.

Came back after a month to buy a 50mm 1.8 from him for $150.

Maybe I just got lucky...then again maybe he knows something that i dont...:bigeyes:

But switched to John 3:16 now...better to be safe than sorry.:)

Bro if its any help I can give you the number of the Jeffrey guy. Just PM me.

Last edited:
CASE is of no use in this case. CASE actually can't do very much besides help you draft a letter.

until today, i still dont understand why people ask if they were ripped off only after buying the stuff.

newbie in photography or not, unless u are a kid, than i have got nothing to say, but ranging from young adult to older ones?

do u mean that ur life long learning is only worth that much? come on, we are not talking about elaborated plan to con u, its just simple walk into the shop to buy things.

since already registered here in CS, dont u do research before going on a buy buy buy trip to the shops? or havent u see enough of this kind of thread by other csers? or that u prefer to learn from ur own mistake ($$$) but not from others (foc)?

sorry if this sounds hursh, but pls, guys, grow up and start learning.
I guess, they just want to feel better after buying and have second thought of whether they made the right decision., So, if we can"t help them by giving some re-assurance I think it's better to keep
those negative comments to ourself. Well , this is a "forum" that we try to get any kind of verbal help that we can get , not being critical at some mistakes that people make unintentionally. We all make mistakes. Hands up, anyone who doesn"t make mistakes !

Just want to say some thing about trusting those shops with good reputation. With good reputation doesn't mean they are angels. You can try to ask prices of accessories and they may also quote you ridiculous prices up to 200% of prices sold else where.

So moral of the story is never trust anyone, just do you own research before deciding where to buy.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.