Did I fry my control circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcap

Dec 10, 2005
Hi CS ppl,
was using a starblitz 3600ds with lumix fz30 to take photos at river Hong Bao. Suddenly my external flash refuse to fire when I press my shutter. Initial I though was a loose connection and try to reconnect it but it still refuse to work. :( I check my camera menu, it shows that the flash is detected and the flash is able to work when I press the test button. So what goes wrong? Did I fry anything on my camera or the external flash is just damaged? :cry:
Thanks for any help.

elcap said:
Hi CS ppl,
was using a starblitz 3600ds with lumix fz30 to take photos at river Hong Bao. Suddenly my external flash refuse to fire when I press my shutter. Initial I though was a loose connection and try to reconnect it but it still refuse to work. :( I check my camera menu, it shows that the flash is detected and the flash is able to work when I press the test button. So what goes wrong? Did I fry anything on my camera or the external flash is just damaged? :cry:
Thanks for any help.

Use a multi meter with red pen on the centre pin and black pen on grounding the metal bracket (both on the camera). Fire off external as usual and see if there's a spike in voltage (by the way, expect the voltage to be anything between 6 - 30 V so adjust your meter setting accordingly. If you detect a responsive spike on fire, your cam is okay. Probably just need to redo your flash setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.