devil in me

psalmanazar

Nov 9, 2003
Pandan Valley
Visit site
1177280510_G3434-L.jpg

Remark: You don't have to like this photo. Odds are that most of you won't. Just
be polite when you say so. An artist can't ask for more than that. But
they can and should reasonably expect no less.

i like the darkness this pics bring out

doesn't look evil enough. you need to reveal more of the eyes. a little too underexposed

When shooting silhouette photography it is important to pay attention to the shape of your subject. Because all surface features will be lost, the impact of the subject must be conveyed by the outline shape.
keep shooting....

When shooting silhouette photography it is important to pay attention to the shape of your subject. Because all surface features will be lost, the impact of the subject must be conveyed by the outline shape.
keep shooting....

Thanks for your comment. That's correct but here I went for raw emotions, for a mere glint of what scares me about myself. I try very hard to forget about that part of me that is weak, ugly and vicious but sometimes, unexpectedly it creeps out before it's pushed back inside.

ok....but doesn't work for me at all...maybe just my taste...maybe others will like it... :)

ok....but doesn't work for me at all...maybe just my taste...maybe others will like it... :)

No worries man:) I'm really okay with people not liking my photos. Look, if the majority of viewers liked it then it would be a socially engineered shot to sell a product, which is not my intention here:)

What I like about your comments is that you expressed your views in a polite, to the point manner. Many thanks for viewing!

Viewing from IPhone so not sure if I'm looking correctly. Can see a nose, forehead and the left eye. Would be great if the eye can lighten up abit to show the evil in you

Oh... I got it... after looking at it for the past few hours... hahahaha... silly me...

It is actually pretty good...

I think it's quite nice

I like the concept but 2 things to note:-
1) There seems to be some uneven dithering in the black background on my LCD which is distracting. Even it out.
2) I don't quite like the positioning of the face with respect to the frame. Can't say why but rule of the thirds doesn't seem to quite work here. Maybe the positioning and size needs a bit of refinement.

The picture is like seeing in a dream where a face emerging from the darkness of a dense black cloud of smoke, only further simplified and distilled.
:)

interesting idea, green face with red eyes ?

I like the concept but 2 things to note:-
1) There seems to be some uneven dithering in the black background on my LCD which is distracting. Even it out.
2) I don't quite like the positioning of the face with respect to the frame. Can't say why but rule of the thirds doesn't seem to quite work here. Maybe the positioning and size needs a bit of refinement.

The picture is like seeing in a dream where a face emerging from the darkness of a dense black cloud of smoke, only further simplified and distilled.
:)

Hey,

1. Yes, it's there (I see you have a well calibrated monitor:)). Somehow it doesn't bother me. Is it very distracting?

2. I positioned the face like this to create an impression of elusiveness of the moment. You know, it's like you see some moving shadows in the corner of your eye but when you turn your head they are not there. How would you position it? I'd like to try:)

wah lao damn scary!!! You're going to give me nightmares. :bigeyes: so gothic. heh.