Demise of the DSLRs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
denizenx said:
hey! hey! I just realised this: if they made a digital leica then all the DSLR probs those lusers complain about wun be present, aka AF probs, metering probs etc etc! the ultimate DSLR!

Hi

i was browsing through some of the old threads and came across this thread.....

hmm fast forward to August 2003, denizen, ur statement just might come true after all....

and to think we were all making fun of Leica's digital capabilities in March 2003.... i guess anything is possible huh....there's HOPE in all things :D :bsmilie:

LOL I'm good huh ;p ;p
I also announced the Microsoft Smartphone in a school mag 1 year before the first rumours appeared, on April 1st. and most of my predictions in that article came true -- the ability to send recorded voice/media over the phones (MMS) and WinCE devices *did* end up with a blue background (BSOD).. sigh looks like Someone is spiting me.

in case anyone dun see the irony of sending canned voice over live phone lines... :blah: to u

Red Dawn said:
Hi

i was browsing through some of the old threads and came across this thread.....

hmm fast forward to August 2003, denizen, ur statement just might come true after all....

and to think we were all making fun of Leica's digital capabilities in March 2003.... i guess anything is possible huh....there's HOPE in all things :D :bsmilie:

vince123123 said:
thats why leicas are for lao ah pehs with too much money and like to show off their status symbols...

The reason why Leicas are still preferred by older generation photographers: their lenses. The optics are still hard to beat and the metering is spot-on, even though many "modern", "auto" features are not available comparatively.

But of course, it is not the camera itself but the person behind the camera that actually counts. And you do not need the "auto" features once you know you craft although they are good-to-haves. Think that there is simply too much emphasis on the idea of what equipment you have rather than what pictures you take among many young photographers these days, unfortunately.

My dad has owned (and is still owning) Leicas for the past couple of decades, although I don't own one myself.

See his photoSIG portfolio and his gallery for what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.