Dell 2007WFP is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNAG

Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
Hi all,

Thought i might want to give this a shoutout:

Dell's 2007WFP is out in Singapore, and it's going for a price of $899 (from the previous price of $999 a few days ago.). Comes with a free Soundbar as well.

Comes with HDCP support, pivot + tilt adjustments, composite and PIP inputs. Looks like a very worthy deal compared to the Viewsonic 2025 (which has no internal scaling, pivot + tilt, composite video inputs), which is going for $799 at the last IT show.

Wondering if anyone has managed to get this monitor, and if you do, do post your reviews here!

SNAG said:
Hi all,

Thought i might want to give this a shoutout:

Dell's 2007WFP is out in Singapore, and it's going for a price of $899 (from the previous price of $999 a few days ago.). Comes with a free Soundbar as well.

Comes with HDCP support, pivot + tilt adjustments, composite and PIP inputs. Looks like a very worthy deal compared to the Viewsonic 2025 (which has no internal scaling, pivot + tilt, composite video inputs), which is going for $799 at the last IT show.

Wondering if anyone has managed to get this monitor, and if you do, do post your reviews here!

Thought the 2007WFP does not have HDCP support? I could be wrong here.

Been reading up on the reviews, and i also called Dell Singapore to inquire about the backlight bleeding issues. Unfortunately, this model continues to have this problem, and it would seem that Dell has not found a way to resolve it.

Otherwise, i think $899 is a decent price. Internal scaling is a tremendous boost, especially if you do a fair bit of gaming. Did you buy it in the end?

Kenikon said:
Thought the 2007WFP does not have HDCP support? I could be wrong here.

Been reading up on the reviews, and i also called Dell Singapore to inquire about the backlight bleeding issues. Unfortunately, this model continues to have this problem, and it would seem that Dell has not found a way to resolve it.

Otherwise, i think $899 is a decent price. Internal scaling is a tremendous boost, especially if you do a fair bit of gaming. Did you buy it in the end?

Nope, the 2007WFP has HDCP support. Do check the Dell Singapore site for more details.
As for the backlighting issue, most users who have got it (in the States) have said that it has been tremendously improved. I've seen the screenshots, and overall, it's quite a great significant improvement from the 2005.

Do check out the screenshots posted at HardOCP forums (www.hardocp.com).

I'm still holding my horses for these reasons:
1) Progress Package. :D
2) IT show in June..
3) Still considering betweent this and the Viewsonic 2025.

SNAG said:
Nope, the 2007WFP has HDCP support. Do check the Dell Singapore site for more details.
As for the backlighting issue, most users who have got it (in the States) have said that it has been tremendously improved. I've seen the screenshots, and overall, it's quite a great significant improvement from the 2005.

Do check out the screenshots posted at HardOCP forums (www.hardocp.com).

I'm still holding my horses for these reasons:
1) Progress Package. :D
2) IT show in June..
3) Still considering betweent this and the Viewsonic 2025.

Yeah, after posting the reply, i went to the Dell website, and read the specs. my bad ;p

I might just wait for the IT show in June as well, since i am in no hurry to get an LCD screen. i like the Viewsonic, but it does not appear to have internal scaling, which concerns me :nono:

Cheers

Kenikon said:
Yeah, after posting the reply, i went to the Dell website, and read the specs. my bad ;p

I might just wait for the IT show in June as well, since i am in no hurry to get an LCD screen. i like the Viewsonic, but it does not appear to have internal scaling, which concerns me :nono:

Cheers

why not get other brands instead.. sometimes just by sticking on to a brand u'll miss out the whole idea of getting gd monitor..

i believe there're other monitors that are pretty good oso.. just whether are u able to justify the cost that's all..

destiny_star said:
why not get other brands instead.. sometimes just by sticking on to a brand u'll miss out the whole idea of getting gd monitor..

i believe there're other monitors that are pretty good oso.. just whether are u able to justify the cost that's all..

Hmm.. So far, these are the 2 monitors that are reasonably priced (and are within the specs of what I need.)

There's another monitor by NEC that's great, but it has a glossy finish to its surface, which I absolutely hate.

The Eizos and stuff are out of my league though - I don't need such a critical monitor. :)

Not sure if there are any offerings from Philips (I think there's one as well, but I would reckon that its using the same panel as the 2007, since the S-IPS panel is a LG-Philips panel..)

EDIT: Check this link out. This guy compared the 2005 and the 2007 together. The pictures are enough to make me drool.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043063&page=1&pp=20

SNAG said:
Just to note, some users have reported gradient banding problems on their 2007s.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=1842727&enterthread=y

This might be a deal-breaker for me. Will see how it goes. :)

Crap if it does have banding issues. :thumbsd: I am reading the same forum as well, and it would seem that the issues were predominately on the 2007FPs only, and not so much for the 2007WFP. :bigeyes: Also, it would seem that the banding issue is minor. Depends on how much its going to bother you (like Ghosting).

It probably wont bother me as much, since i am not that much of a stickler for such things (not that trained to be that fussy ;) )

Good to at least share notes with you on this.

Anyone using this LCD currently?

I can confirm that banding is evident on this screen. It's not painfully visible during normal use, but once u load up photoshop and do some gradient fills it gets pretty annoying.

I'm gonna return this unit and wait for a rectified revision, it is a good model after all barring this particular issue.

Thank you for your valueable feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.