Deity Connect dual channel lav

Not that perfect in my opinion though. I tested this system before intending to purchase, and I immediately backed out. I felt that it performed worse than Rodelink & Audio Technica's System10 that I've been using a lot for run & gun interviews & typical presenter piece-to-camera shoots. At full 100mW transmit power in a conference venue, the audio dropped out within 5m line of sight. I was still hoping that with the 100mW power (80-90mW RF power more than the Rodelink & System10), it will at least be more robust, but I was wrong. Too much hype to bring up expectations I guess... Most of the 'good' reviews we see online are not in a 2.4ghz wifi cluttered environment like in SG. Unless you really need a dual channel 2.4ghz rx in a single unit, able to accept the short range performance (venue dependent of course) & link reliability, otherwise I'd stay away. Using a 5m XLR cable will be a better, cheaper and less embarrassing option than to ask for a re-take due to bad sound. :D

i was hoping that it will be good coz I really wanted the 2-channel receiver in a single package. I've been using 2.4ghz mic for a while now, and I have to disclaim that it's not perfect even for Rodelink & System10. But at least they work 90% of the time I needed them to, and more predictable, as opposed to getting a 50/50 chance of being hit with interference with analog units, even in the approved bands..

Perhaps Deity can do a firmware upgrade option where it can introduce a wee little bit more latency, but improved error correction rate to minimise dropouts. If sync issues, we can still largely fix in post, but audio for dropouts, almost impossible to fix.

So far, Senny AVX has been 100% reliable for me. The cordless XLR receiver keeps the audio unit neat and tidy. But external XLR interfaces like XLR-K2M or Saramonic PAX-1 are hardly pocket-sized. The search continues.....

i wanted to try AVX, but they made different Lithium batts for different units. Bodypack, hand mic & rx are all different if I recall correctly.. really irritating... Like you said, the search really continues, especially when most of my shoots are OMO ENG. usually don't have luxury of having a separate sound man.

Totally agree about the batteries! Good thing the AVX bodypack juice can last 7 hours comfortably. The reciever battery is the one to be concerned about. But I bought a $60 Buddiesman FL-96R onboard LED light that double up as a powerbank for the reciever.

nice solution! hope you didn't get those pesky USB power hums on the audio output. I tried my AT System10 ENG receiver charging on the fly with a Vmount battery with USB port, and whenever the unit's internal battery is full, I get a buzz on the audio. :(