Dear Holly

aclover123

Deregistered
Dec 26, 2009
Singapore
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
color, composition and feelings felt by the observer of this work

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
this is meant to be a creative and artistic shot of a posed model in early morning sunlight to achieve a dreamy, happy feel (think 'collide' by howie day in the background playing)

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
it is a posed shot, morning about 9am with direct sunlight. taken with nikon d700, 24-70 lens with b + w filter, vivid setting (which was how the colors came about)

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
is there any way to improve this shot to generate the intended feelings for the viewer (ie. that of dreamy happiness in bright morning sun)

Thank you very much, your kind comments will help me improve my work!

Holly_Sample.jpg

I feel it gives a very antique feel . The colour is alright , but the right of the picture(the black black thing) looks weird to me . If without that , this picture is more or less okay la . The model's face should be a little brighter .

hi
nice pic but face should be above not down.

The model's wearing a hat...tilt her head down gets more shadow on face...and did you notice the orange cast on her right arm?:)

Hmm...would've preferred pink nail polish or none even, but good effort :)

like one of the pages in those thick thick women's fashion magazines,
actually nice for that.

"Too vivid" for a portrait imo.

Can't see the dreamy happiness with the face so dark.

Thank you! I will take your comments in mind and seek to improve further.

usually hair is something i will pay attention to .. in this case the model hair is kinda messy unless this is a candid. overall is still nice.. :thumbsup:

Generally this picture is great. It could be perfect is the background is a little bit simpler and you move Holly a little bit to her right so a little light illuminate her face.

Great job.

The model feels quite shanghai 1920's to me, pity the background is too colourful to complement that. Would be nicer if you could see her face as well.