DaYi 6x17 shift II A camera

lkkang

Jan 6, 2007
Punggol 21
I am planning to get a panoramic 6x17 camera.

The DaYi shift IIA seems to be reachable and very suitable for my use. :)
dayi617-1.jpg

would like to seek some reviews / comments about this camera.

- is focusing a problem ? from the web, some claims that the camera will not focus to infinity with some lens. Is the calibration of the camera to the lens very complicated? is there something I must watch out for or some compatibility chart or something that I should be aware of.

- is there an instance where by the LEFT side is focus and the RIGHT side is Out-Of-Focus ? how to calibrate this ?

- is it a problematic camera ? meaning that , does it feel very plastic or toy when handing ( like HOGA ) ? or is it strong enough.

many thanks
Billy

- is focusing a problem ? from the web, some claims that the camera will not focus to infinity with some lens. Is the calibration of the camera to the lens very complicated? is there something I must watch out for or some compatibility chart or something that I should be aware of.

if your lens mounting is out calibrate. small f stop shoud resolve some issue of that.

- is there an instance where by the LEFT side is focus and the RIGHT side is Out-Of-Focus ? how to calibrate this ?
same problem as above if your lens mounting is out. Dont use scan result to check. please inspect your slide or neg with a loup.

- is it a problematic camera ? meaning that , does it feel very plastic or toy when handing ( like HOGA ) ? or is it strong enough.
not to what I know of. I try that before in beijing. ( but is 6 x 12)

Roger

thank you very much for the contribution.
sincerely appreciated.

Billy

if your lens mounting is out calibrate. small f stop shoud resolve some issue of that.

same problem as above if your lens mounting is out. Dont use scan result to check. please inspect your slide or neg with a loup.

not to what I know of. I try that before in beijing. ( but is 6 x 12)

Roger

If there is something I find unconfortable from the photo, it will be the cable release. The camera looks like if you lean it to right side and bend the cable at the sharp angle, it will spoil over time. The build wide looks fine from the photo. But I nv handled this camera though I handled similiar looking one before.

cool... thanks for the contribution.

If there is something I find unconfortable from the photo, it will be the cable release. The camera looks like if you lean it to right side and bend the cable at the sharp angle, it will spoil over time. The build wide looks fine from the photo. But I nv handled this camera though I handled similiar looking one before.