David Gan gives his take on cheap hair salons

She thinks you are the right person to be married to as you spend your money wisely. :bsmilie:

Wahaha I think I should try that on her soon, recently keep telling me wanna do hair........still ask me what pattern nice :sweat:

This is what happens..every business people have their own way of doing bushiness. Time to time there will be something new/different coming on the way..whether it make it or not is the problem. More option maybe good or bad to them but its always good for us..the consumer.

Sorry.. i do not have many hundreds or thousands to blow just to trim/cut/whatever to my hair.
Max i go for a cut/wash - $20.

It is very very hard to justify luxury prices to people who cannot afford or don't believe in it.

If you ask a luxury service provider or luxury product seller, why is it so expensive? their reply would usually be, 'excuse me?' Which really means 'well this is the price, if you can't see the value, why are we even talking?'

Hahaha... agree with you on this one.

Hart

It is very very hard to justify luxury prices to people who cannot afford or don't believe in it.

If you ask a luxury service provider or luxury product seller, why is it so expensive? their reply would usually be, 'excuse me?' Which really means 'well this is the price, if you can't see the value, why are we even talking?'

The best answer is money can't buy it.

:bsmilie:

If it was good enough for the then-President Nathan of Singapore, it is good enough for you. People who already have wealth, status and power see no need to squander money and show-off in conspicuous spending. This is something that David Gan does not seem to understand in his rant against low-price hair-cut businesses.

New Star - The Barber to the President

439931413_9acb619056.jpg

Price of haircut at this barber shop? In 2008, price was $8 for anyone.

Last edited:
Look at today's Yahoo singapore web page, on over priced items in Singapore.

People are getting vain..and the new generation are behaving differently from the older generation..totally different way of lifestyle (that includes way of spending money too)

:bsmilie:

If it was good enough for the then-President Nathan of Singapore, it is good enough for you. People who already have wealth, status and power see no need to squander money and show-off in conspicuous spending. This is something that David Gan does not seem to understand in his rant against low-price hair-cut businesses.

New Star - The Barber to the President

439931413_9acb619056.jpg

Price of haircut at this barber shop? In 2008, price was $8 for anyone.

Wah, I got go this type before, during NS days, wear uniform, charged me $2 nia. But no aircon one those days, the neighbourhood police post next door also no aircon. Half the buses no aircon. And everyone was still using pager with the orange color telecom logo.

Sion said:
Next time I see Chen Show Mao in Meet The People session I must ask him to go there for his hair cut:

Skillful silver highlights.

I want to know what specs he using.

David Gan is simply too arrogant to talk like that. Even he felt that these "low cost" barbers are a threat to his business? Loser ....

In the end, its their money. Life is short, doesnt hurt to experience $80 haircut or street stall smelly tofu in my opinion.

I also waiting for opportunity to firsthand try just how different the taste of Alaskan Crab compare to usual flower crab.

Got money who doesn't want to drive ferrari, the important thing is live within ur means, $10 hair cut or $1000 hair cut, at the end it's still a hair cut......go to army u will get ur free cut :)

Army haircut also $2 for recruit, price wentup frm $5-$7 for reservists already

Those who are put in detention barracks in the army will get two by 4 haircut free before going into the cell.

From a visual point, I've had haircuts that were $7 and haircuts that were $40. Unfortunately, the face in the mirror remains the same.

:bsmilie::dunno::confused::bsmilie: