Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
30931007.jpg

LOLX!!!!! :sweatsm: :sweatsm: :sweatsm: :bsmilie:

frcfyp said:
Wai, i clicked on your link and got infected with Adware.180Search. Details of the problem is listed in symantec's website http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.180search.html

I've checked my computer and verified that the timing matches.

hmm...i am using Symantec Norton Anti-virus and manually update the virus definition daily

but I have never see any warning from my anti-virus scanner

anyway, the url is pointing to a WMV file, not a web page, so it is unlikely that the adware program came from the WMV file.

From symantec website:
Transmission
Adware.180Search can be manually installed or as part of the installation for another program

From what I have learnt in computer securities, the virus enter your system making use of security loopholes of your OS, either the website that you surf previously manage to execute the program on your computer without any prompt, or you accidentally clicked "OK" when there are any prompt to install any web plugin.

I suggest you follow the removal instructions and go to microsoft update to patch any security loopholes

i've found the reason. it's not due to the .wmv file or any link, sorry for the mistake. :embrass:

whenever i open any .wmv file, some stupid adware gets installed. :bsmilie: those crazy spammers.... i'm going to find out how to solve this problem now, thanks and see ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.