DA40mm vs DA35mm Macro

Poison.... That samsung rebadge 100mm macro might be something i might wanna get when I go Korea. Don't know if it's still available.

But samsung dosent have the DFA 100mm f2.8 macro WR :bsmilie: only the none WR one .btw can a pentax camera "communicate" with the lens because newer pentax lenses can do so so wondering if samsung lenses are FULLY compatible with pentax cameras.

But samsung dosent have the DFA 100mm f2.8 macro WR :bsmilie: only the none WR one .btw can a pentax camera "communicate" with the lens because newer pentax lenses can do so so wondering if samsung lenses are FULLY compatible with pentax cameras.

which aspect of "compatibility" are u concerned abt?

the mount's the same, can auto-focus, it auto focuses correctly, can set AF point, can set aperture on body, the camera correctly identifies the focal length and as far as i've used it, i've not encountered any issues with it :dunno:

anyone with more experience with this lens can comment?

no :angel: i'm just sharing information with you so that you can make informed decisions.

and precisely because we have to make choices to stretch limited financial resources, its important to make wise choices so we dun end up :mad2: losing money on unsuitable lenses.

Thanks detritus, i really have very limited financial resources which est. 2 lens(1k+- each) per year is my limit... but lucky i am too picky on IQ... i will aim the DFA 100m macro for the next buy.. since it is within the buget and not very far different from the 35mm macro in terms of $$:think:

also really thanks about brother up there talk about 1:1 macro, else i will sure go for zoom macro lens...

Last edited:
Thanks detritus, i really have very limited financial resources which est. 2 lens(1k+- each) per year is my limit... but lucky i am too picky on IQ... i will aim the DFA 100m macro for the next buy.. since it is within the buget and not very far different from the 35mm macro in terms of $$:think:

also really thanks about brother up there talk about 1:1 macro, else i will sure go for zoom macro lens...

its good to be disciplined... its too easy to get carried away... :sweat:

its good to be disciplined... its too easy to get carried away... :sweat:

It's much easier when you've a strict CFO. :bsmilie:

Anyway, TS has already decided to go for the DA35. Don't mean to be a party-pooper, but close thread? Can talk about macro in the appropriate thread. Makes research easier too. Hope you guys understand. :)

It's much easier when you've a strict CFO. :bsmilie:

Anyway, TS has already decided to go for the DA35. Don't mean to be a party-pooper, but close thread? Can talk about macro in the appropriate thread. Makes research easier too. Hope you guys understand. :)

fine by me... sorry for going off topic... just that the direction of the discussion seemed relevant so we just let it flow ;p

Thanks everyone for the advice! My hand's too itchy cannot wait for someone to dump his copy in BNS. Just gotten a copy from SLR revolution.

Time to bring this baby out tml to be interesting!

Thanks everyone for the advice! My hand's too itchy cannot wait for someone to dump his copy in BNS. Just gotten a copy from SLR revolution.

Time to bring this baby out tml to be interesting!

Congrats on the new lens. How much did it cost?

Hi, got it at $782. It was the one and only set brought in so I couldn't resist getting it.

Thanks Recoil :)

Hey Dennis and all DA 35 users, care to share what filter should i use to protect this wonderful lens?

Thanks Recoil :)

Hey Dennis and all DA 35 users, care to share what filter should i use to protect this wonderful lens?

DA35mm takes a 49mm filter, which is getting harder to find.
Good ones would be B+W, Hoya Super HMC, Rodenstock, Heliopan, but can be pricey locally.
I'm looking for a few pieces of 49mm myself...

DA35mm takes a 49mm filter, which is getting harder to find.
Good ones would be B+W, Hoya Super HMC, Rodenstock, Heliopan, but can be pricey locally.
I'm looking for a few pieces of 49mm myself...

Yeah checked a few shops and I can't find the Hoya ones.... Anyway do you know where I can find a clip on lens cap? The lens cap comes off too easily, dun wanna suffer a heartbreak if I lose it.

Saw some at OP last week . . .;)

Oooh maybe I should head down to check :)

THanks

Yeah checked a few shops and I can't find the Hoya ones.... Anyway do you know where I can find a clip on lens cap? The lens cap comes off too easily, dun wanna suffer a heartbreak if I lose it.

Oooh maybe I should head down to check :)

THanks

I bought from OP today a B+W 49mm MRC. Still thinking for used on my 100mmWR or 43 silver limited. It looks awkward on the 43 sliver as its in black color.

I bought from OP today a B+W 49mm MRC. Still thinking for used on my 100mmWR or 43 silver limited. It looks awkward on the 43 sliver as its in black color.

Care to share how much is it?