da Protector = swollen nose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huggable

Nov 2, 2004
East side
After taking 300++ pictures at a help-out wedding on Sunday morning, I noticed my nose was swelling. Looks like the angled hard plastic of the da Protector pressed too hard on my nose, and after a prolonged period, caused a swollen nose and slight discomfort.

Anyone faced the same problem also? I'm removing the protector to trim a little.

After taking 300++ pictures at a help-out wedding on Sunday morning, I noticed my nose was swelling. Looks like the angled hard plastic of the da Protector pressed too hard on my nose, and after a prolonged period, caused a swollen nose and slight discomfort.

Anyone faced the same problem also? I'm removing the protector to trim a little.

Actually it's not as high profiled as the original cover from Nikon. So I'm still quite ok with it.

No problem on the 350D for me.

Consider getting an eye-piece extender?

No la.. your nose too big :bsmilie:

np... probably you are just pressing your face too hard on the camera.

I've used a magnifying eyepiece, so the viewfinder rubber eyepiece extends backwards a little more than normal. I must have unknowingly used my nose to support the body+lens too!

Managed to trim the edge/corners of the da Protector a little, so now it's more "curved" and smoother!

Will try out, if there's another major assignment!

maybe you too gan cheong everytime you take a pic? use too much pressure.

Not really, took my time to compose most of the pictures, and the movement was pretty slow.

More likely due to the long waiting time, especially during the champagne opening, when I squatted down and pointed the lens slightly upwards to get the best shot. Did another 300+ shots at night, and got skin peeling off my nose the following day. ;(

:bsmilie: Instead of using your nose, try using your forehead if you have a speedlight attached. Heh.

Then maybe we need to start a new thread on painful foreheads and skin peeling from there. Just kidding ;)

Anyway, I also have a similar habit as you in pressing the camera to my face. No problems for me... other than having to wipe the screen very frequently. Gross lah. :bsmilie:

Yeah I've got sensitive skin, and thought the idea of slightly pressing the cam to the face for stability is common-sense, just like how we push the M16 into the should cave for stability.

Ye still using your D2H? If so, consider using the D2K eye cup, it would push your nose away I believe. Anyway, the D2H VF quite big, shouldn't need to force yourself so near to the screen?

Yeah, I'm using D2H with the magnification eyepiece, DK-17M. I've got the DK-2 rubber eyecup, but took it off as it gets in the way when keeping the cam in my bag.

Probably it's a bad habit to push the cam close to the nose, will make a conscious effort not to. :)

Update: Finally shaved/trimmed the left side of the protector. No more swollen nose! :bsmilie:

dp.jpg

lol

next time take shots lomo style la

then maybe hip will be pain :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.