DA 50-200mm lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niels

Sep 29, 2004
I own DS camera and 16-45mm lens. Thinking about buying some tele zoom lens, ideally if there's macro. Any bro knows where is the best place to buy Pentax DA 50-200 lens local, and how much.

Thanks bros.

Niels said:
I own DS camera and 16-45mm lens. Thinking about buying some tele zoom lens, ideally if there's macro. Any bro knows where is the best place to buy Pentax DA 50-200 lens local, and how much.

Thanks bros.

I think i saw one at CP.. Ap in SLS might have too...

Niels said:

Thanks bros.

The DA50-200 is a nice small lens, but its macro feature is not that great, only at about 0.24x mag ratio. You'd better go with a Tamron 70-300 LD macro or Sigma 70-300 APO macro (both have 0.5x mag ratio for macro). These are cheaper too, but of course they are bigger and heavier ...

And of course a dedicated macro lens would give you a lot better results for macros :)

wats the price range for te tamron?

Munk said:
wats the price range for te tamron?

The Tamron can be had for less than US$100 from eBay, same with the Sigma.

But better find one locally, might cost lower than S$200 :)

fengwei said:
The DA50-200 is a nice small lens, but its macro feature is not that great, only at about 0.24x mag ratio. You'd better go with a Tamron 70-300 LD macro or Sigma 70-300 APO macro (both have 0.5x mag ratio for macro). These are cheaper too, but of course they are bigger and heavier ...

And of course a dedicated macro lens would give you a lot better results for macros :)

I have a Sigma 70-300 APO Macro, if anyone is keen please let me know, i am thinking of clearing it...

k_istDS said:
I have a Sigma 70-300 APO Macro, if anyone is keen please let me know, i am thinking of clearing it...
how much u selling it? does it comes with hood?

Niels said:
Any bro knows where is the best place to buy Pentax DA 50-200 lens local, and how much.

bought it @ around $400 at CP

Status
Not open for further replies.