DA 35/2.4 - A Plastic Wonder! -- DAL35 vs FA35 vs DA35m vs A35 (many photos!)

Thanks for the through test you've conducted! Really amazing for a price that's so attractive! Plastic Fantastic!

Since i contributed my FA35 lens to our great FW for testing, i think i should post my shots taken with this lens too...lol

Hope i'm not spoiling the fun since both FA and DAL are optically designed similar.

Wide Open at F2 with cropping
5026419125_8a92d3ac6f_b.jpg

Wide Open at F2
4932697188_b351fea729_b.jpg

F3.5
4992808060_269abbd59c_b.jpg

I really have to take my hat off to Fengwei. This is concise and hard work that takes time away from family and adds nothing to one-self in terms of real photos for keepsake. I shudder just thinking of the work needed. :)
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kudos to FengWei for the excellent review.:thumbsup:
In fact, when I look at the plastic body DA35/2.4, it does not have the feel of metal barrel, but don't play play.

Charlie, where did you buy the FA35, I wanna get one too.

Thanks for the through test you've conducted! Really amazing for a price that's so attractive! Plastic Fantastic!

Since i contributed my FA35 lens to our great FW for testing, i think i should post my shots taken with this lens too...lol

Hope i'm not spoiling the fun since both FA and DAL are optically designed similar.

Wide Open at F2 with cropping
5026419125_8a92d3ac6f_b.jpg

Wide Open at F2
4932697188_b351fea729_b.jpg

F3.5
4992808060_269abbd59c_b.jpg

wow, the lens is sharp! another winner.

hey hey hey hey !! hello!!!!
may i know where did you buy your DA 35 ??
i want it!!!! i have been waiting for it for a long time!!!!

every week since last week i've been sms'g someone from SLR Revo to ask when its coming in and i still am getting told that its not available to them yet... sigh... wait & wait... some more i want the white one, dunno whether got stock issue or not

As I have indicated in another thread, they took a conservative approach and completely under estimated demand. New stocks will only come in mid Nov.
Seriously they projected for the normal demand but forgot the other segment that said "what? <$300 ?? I buy it first!". Anyway, its a nice lens. Glad I was able to catch the last few before they were gone.........till Nov. :)

As I have indicated in another thread, they took a conservative approach and completely under estimated demand. New stocks will only come in mid Nov.
Seriously they projected for the normal demand but forgot the other segment that said "what? <$300 ?? I buy it first!". Anyway, its a nice lens. Glad I was able to catch the last few before they were gone.........till Nov. :)

Hi, now that this lens is out, what are the possible reasons people will still buy the DA 40mm lens, if they are looking for the similiar focus range, other than the build quality?

Hi, now that this lens is out, what are the possible reasons people will still buy the DA 40mm lens, if they are looking for the similiar focus range, other than the build quality?

A real pancake size...If you need a fast lens that is as compact as possible, the DA40 is the one. I like the warm colours that it yields. :)

what nov?! ok i tink my mx and the lens will be sold by then i going to get it haha as long as it's before my overseas trip in dec. going to take it for a nice ride :bsmilie:

Tried it on k-x for a few shots only, works Like A Charm.

After 2 weeks of using it, this lens definitely is my primary choice for the time being :). Love it so much ~~~~ especially for potrait~~

been informed by emjay that, next batch is not expected in till early to mid Nov and was strongly advised to pre-order. however, i note that there is no option on the website to choose a white DA 35mm.... does that mean emjay is only bringing in the black ones?

also inquired about the 18-135mm (which i may need before i go for my xmas holiday) and was again told that orders seem to outstrip supply... no chance to pre-order this lens? i don't see it available online.

Actually, I was told that the DA35 lens was sold by taking out from the k-r DA35 kit.
Thus no box there is no DA35 box given.
I wonder how many k-r body left after selling out just DA35 lens?

Hi fengwei, could you take a landscape shot? Would like to see how it does taking in wide vistas.

Hi fengwei, could you take a landscape shot? Would like to see how it does taking in wide vistas.

Don't worry, it's a great lens for landscapes, especially on film cameras :) Just go and buy one, you still don't trust what I've said here? ;)