D90 User Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

conspiraC

Jun 18, 2010
Hi all.

I have to start a new thread cause the previous thread was full and locked.
New to D90. in fact, new to DSLR ;p

Like to ask something about D90 M mode. In M mode, what is the max shutter speed with flash pops up? I can get only 1/200. Is that normal? Is it have anything to do with shutter sync?

TYVM

Hi all.

Like to ask something about D90 M mode. In M mode, what is the max shutter speed with flash pops up? I can get only 1/200. Is that normal? Is it have anything to do with shutter sync?

TYVM

Yes, it's normal. The maximum flash sync shutter speed is 1/200 for D90.

hi all!!

Just bought a Nikon D90 few days ago!

Hi all.

TYVM

hi all!!

Just bought a Nikon D90 few days ago!

Welcome both to the dark side.

Enjoy shooting with the awesome D90.

im kinda new to dslr. is it good to start with M mode to learn more abt dslr and d90?

im kinda new to dslr. is it good to start with M mode to learn more abt dslr and d90?

I started off from P mode -> A mode -> S mode before i could understand M mode.

Even den i am always lazy so i shoot at P mode. (just need to adjust ISO)

You might need some experience getting used to the metering.

In the manual mode,

If you're good in Physics and can read up on your own, the websites can explain why, what, how and the effect. Can be a little :bigeyes: at times. :bsmilie:

The lazyman way is to get an expert to explain the why, what, how and the effect...:bsmilie:

Once you understand the why, what, how and the effect, only then will you get to appreciate what you do, and be able to think of ways to use it on tricky situations.

Every mode has it uses, be it P S A M or even the scene modes or the AUTO mode.

Some of us only use some of the modes, and we use the mode according to our needs at the time of shooting.

I suggest newbies learn about Exposure first, i.e. the relationship between shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. Once you understand exposure, you will know which modes you want to use for which situations.

Have fun.

yea im starting to understand quite abit on exposures. been quite satisfy with my own pictures using manual. but jus the hassle of adjusting everytime. btw whats metering?

yea im starting to understand quite abit on exposures. been quite satisfy with my own pictures using manual. but jus the hassle of adjusting everytime. btw whats metering?

It is the funky electronics inside your camera telling you what it thinks is the correct exposure.

Yes, it's normal. The maximum flash sync shutter speed is 1/200 for D90.
Bro Isisaxon, Do you know if you adjust it lower still in M mode? Like for D90 I think you can adjust the shutter speed to go as low as 1/60 or even lower in P ^ A mode so that the background can be brighter whenever you use flash but the max Flash Sync speed is 1/200 for D90. How are they related?

Last edited:

The thing is, that's why we use DSLRs - the fact that we prefer to D-I-Y the setting ourselves (fine tune to our keenest of eyes)! Otherwise, one would be better off using PnS since everything is pre-adjusted! :bsmilie: Righto dude?

Hassle? What hassle? Can't find that word in the manual... :dunno: :bsmilie:

The thing is, that's why we use DSLRs - the fact that we prefer to D-I-Y the setting ourselves (fine tune to our keenest of eyes)! Otherwise, one would be better off using PnS since everything is pre-adjusted! Righto dude?

Hassle? What hassle? Can't find that word in the manual...

The only hassle I know is Hasselblad. :bsmilie::bigeyes:

I meant it in a good way... least the hasse people :hammer: me

Last edited:
The only hassle I know is Hasselblad.

I meant it in a good way... least the hasse people :hammer: me

Picture David Hasselhoff using a Hasselblad.... :bigeyes: Oh Bruther! :sweat:

It's fun using M mode - if you get the pictures right (good exposure and sharp) you can pat yourself on your back... but most of the time I can only give myself a facepalm... :bsmilie:

Its good to start with M if u already know much or less abt triangle of exposure and its relation.
Just fire away, made mistake nevermind adjust from mistake,soon u will get hang of it and knowledge abt outdoor or less light condition adjustment

Just bought a D90 two weeks ago and sold my Canon 450D. I love how it performs better in higher ISO than the 450D. I also like the shutter sound.

by the way, up to what ISO have you tested the D90 to be usable? right now Im trying to limit my ISO to 1250.

Just bought a D90 two weeks ago and sold my Canon 450D. I love how it performs better in higher ISO than the 450D. I also like the shutter sound.

by the way, up to what ISO have you tested the D90 to be usable? right now Im trying to limit my ISO to 1250.

I donch know... Initially I thought 800 was the highest I'd go... Yesterday I tested 1600 (with NR) at night which is actually quite acceptable (to me that is)!...

It is the funky electronics inside your camera telling you what it thinks is the correct exposure.

:bsmilie: rather funny description...

I think if the sensor is the heart of the camera, then this funky electronics is like the lungs..

:bsmilie: rather funny description...

I think if the sensor is the heart of the camera, then this funky electronics is like the lungs..

Heart? Lungs? :confused: Pot calling the kettle black... You even funnier! :bsmilie:

I thought the camera is more like the HEAD of the human body?? :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.