D90 User Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't afford the 17-55/2.8. Your one lens beat all of mine!

I just added the Toki 11-16/2.8 yesterday. ~joy~

how much u bought it at?

i'm looking at WA lenses

hhhmmmm,not much diff. hahahaha, i'm looking for super lobang

might settle for a tokina 12-24 F4 thou

Pretty standard pricing in SG one la. Can get slightly cheaper in HK or shanghai, but 1 yr warranty over there only.

Dude, the 116 is really good. much better than the 124. 124 was out for me, I was actually considering the Sigma 10-20 to the toki 116. Went for the 116 in the end even though it is more ex.

Last edited:
Pretty standard pricing in SG one la. Can get slightly cheaper in HK or shanghai, but 1 yr warranty over there only.

Dude, the 116 is really good. much better than the 124. 124 was out for me, I was actually considering the Sigma 10-20 to the toki 116. Went for the 116 in the end even though it is more ex.

my widest is at 28, so if get 116 then nothing to cover 17-27 leh

Hi!

New D90 user on the board. Bought it few hrs ago! :cool:

the average shutter count for Nikon D90 is about 100,000 times... for Canon EOS system is about 50,000 times ... so it's doubled... if not mistaken..

to maintain the value of the camera.. you will need to send it for inspection and service once every 2 - 3 years.. :) if it reaches and the shutter system is dead then.. then send in for servicing and they will replace the shutter system.. if not wrong again.. pls correct if i'm wrong..

i just got my D90 yesterday too!! :) so excited!! just shifted from Canon.. hahaha... anyone knows the exact way to checj the shutter count? juz asking if there's any way..

which EOS system?
xxD or xD mentioned as 150000
however xxxD never been mentioned as there is no official guideline of the shutter count life

Don't think you'll be missing that range... Then again depends on what you're shooting. For me, its just a step away... Won't be missing much...

Actually that range is the most important range for me. ;)

I thought the biggest problem with superzooms is distortion?

Distortions for zooms should be already things of my FG20 era (mid 80's) :bsmilie: and may still hold true for the older manual lens. Technology had improved drastically over the years and I am simply amazed and speechless at the current standards of these reasonably good quality lenses. Which lens you're getting is also a major consideration. Moreover, even if there is any, I personally find them negligeable and how many people will actually notice? Even the alignment in the PC LCD screens are not 100% straight, how are we to judge it? Unless, if we're photographing architectural structures with lots or straight line, then you might notice something. Or else doubt anyone will notice anything if the backgrounds are trees and bushes...:bigeyes:

In short, I will worry more about lens speed and details/ colours in choosing a lens. Of course, practicality and $$$ comfortable is a major constraints for many of us as well.:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Hi!

New D90 user on the board. Bought it few hrs ago! :cool:

Wah,....can imagine the feel of warm'ness, fresh from the box...

...can almost smell the packaging as well!:bsmilie:

Wah,....can imagine the feel of warm'ness, fresh from the box...

...can almost smell the packaging as well!:bsmilie:

LOL :lovegrin: Don't make me shy pls..

Hope 2 learn more from he pros here ;p

Hi...

New D90 user... Got it with Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. Have some older Nikon AF lens as well... So far with some tweaking on the manual modes... getting amazing pix... Loving it. The standard modes however are quite useless.. None of the pix have come out nice.

Thinking of getting the 50mm 1.4 now = )

Hi...

New D90 user... Got it with Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. Have some older Nikon AF lens as well... So far with some tweaking on the manual modes... getting amazing pix... Loving it. The standard modes however are quite useless.. None of the pix have come out nice.

Thinking of getting the 50mm 1.4 now = )

welcome on board!!!

Hi.
Jux joined D90. Hope to learn from all the big bro here:)

Hi.
Jux joined D90. Hope to learn from all the big bro here:)

wow so many new user.

welcome welcome.

we are all learning from 1 another~

happy snapping

Finally got my first DSLR after 1 year of learning the panasonic lx3. :D

I just bought the d90 body with 50mm f1.8 lens only as I usually shoot portrait and landscape.

Hope to save up enough to buy the sb600 + wa lens.

Or maybe I should learn how to use my existing olympus flash in auto and manual mode. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.