D90 Default Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepanshus

May 26, 2009
Singapore
a naive question, how good are the pics from a D90, with default settings (master reset).

Asking this for a scenario if buy the DSLR and take it for vacation in 2 days, will it be atlest a decent enough pictures...or its recommended to keep it at home and take the PnS.

I realize that you can not learn enough of controls in 2 days, so purely rely on "default" settings to do the job of "tourist pics"...nothign technical, just for pure "been here done that" memoirs

Deeps

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com
If you're not familiar with the settings of your DSLR but want better quality pictures as compared to your PnS, you may want to set it to P mode and fire away. You can also bring your PnS to shoot some pictures and compare.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Well, just leave it in Auto and shoot away. Don't stress or worry.

May 11, 2009
If I wasn't bothered with the bulk and weight (which I really am not), I'd bring it and use it. Why? So I can answer the question myself and learn from those 2 days which may be invaluable in the future.

even if you only wanted to use the auto settings, I reckon you'll still learn because if you take good or bad shots, then you can take a look at the exif data and experiment yourself.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2009
Manila
www.pbase.com
If you're not familiar with the settings of your DSLR but want better quality pictures as compared to your PnS, you may want to set it to P mode and fire away. You can also bring your PnS to shoot some pictures and compare.
Galdor is right:)

You can also shoot using Auto mode without changing anything on the settings.

The D90 built in pop up flash will activate 99% of the time in Auto mode as well.

Regards,

Argyle

redmonsoon

Aug 6, 2004
Sg
Just remember
P - flash will not pop up automatically unless u press the 'flash pop up button' before u shoot.

Auto - flash will auto pop up even if u do not want flash.

jaRv1s

Jun 5, 2009
Singapore
consider A-mode for landscape also... A-mode (Aperture priority) and set the aperture to f/8-f/11 (kit lens is way sharper than all other lenses i got at f/11)... but that slow setting only useful for landscape... the camera itself would calculate the exposure itself... using matrix metering i would say most shots (80% or more) would be useable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom