D800/E or D600

However to answer your question, you will see some visual improvement when you switch that lens to a FF camera. So at the same setting and FL, the bokeh will look better on FF. it does vignette abit though on FF, but not a problem for me. Still using it day in day out. A great lens for street photography when paired with the D600 :)

@ wolfton - this is one of my fav too. And most of the time I use it to take streets aswell.
anyways, can post some of your shots taken from D6oo with this lens ........thanks very much

@ wolfton - this is one of my fav too. And most of the time I use it to take streets aswell.
anyways, can post some of your shots taken from D6oo with this lens ........thanks very much

Here you go:

CS_walk.jpg

Evening walk with dogs - really wasted cos I spotted them late, could have composed better.

8063453960_14b2234ba6_b.jpg

Silhouette

Very minimal PP in both pics, at most 5 mins. My street pics still not processed yet due to slow PC Ram. Will update again later :)

Last edited:
Here you go ...

Very minimal PP in both pics, at most 5 mins. My street pics still not processed yet due to slow PC Ram. Will update again later :)

@ wolfton - thanks very much ... \m/, ... loves that 1st catch ... blue and red ... they're sooo England fan ... hahaaa
Ouch. I wonder how slow my PC can be if I were to pic edit ...
laptop specs - 6G, Full HD resolution, intel processor Cor2Duo running win7 ... lol ...
editing using LR already gives me tat slight lag ...

post more yah .....

Last edited:
sikdik said:
@ wolfton - thanks very much ... \m/, ... loves that 1st catch ... blue and red ... they're sooo England fan ... hahaaa
Ouch. I wonder how slow my PC can be if I were to pic edit ...
laptop specs - 6G, Full HD resolution, intel processor Cor2Duo running win7 ... lol ...
editing using LR already gives me tat slight lag ...

post more yah .....

No problems. Maybe you can move over to the D600 thread as the title here is more of comparing the 2 cameras.

I also just upgraded my Ram yesterday to 8gb, my LR4 works sooooo much faster and it's quite a breeze now. One thing to note is that the Raw files of D600 don't need huge amount of processing, normally just need to adjust some exposure, highlights and NR, and maybe slight cropping. I don't know how to put in words, but it's just so easy to deal with them in LR, maybe because of the excellent DR :)