D700s

Status
Not open for further replies.

highwaystar

Feb 15, 2006
Was checking with my regular shop regards pricing of D700....was told can not quote.
As D700 discont liao thus D700s is comin to town.

Anyone heard anythings about that.

Cheers:D

it's discountined at a certain part of the world as stated by nikonrumors, but in sg, it's still available at shops, and shld be ranging at around $3250 (LORDS)

I needed another D700 and I was at a shop in AMK, I asked for D700 and was told that it is out of stock and that they were asked by Nikon to clear all the D700 by end of this month. No other news other than that. Checked with some other stalls but the rest denied having heard such a news. In the end I bought a D3s. Could not decide if I should be getting the D700 since there may be a high possibility of a replacement coming soon.

D3s........ how much is it?

No wonder in BnS now got some many D700 letting go at slightly higher than 3K.

I got a good price so I can't reveal the source and price. Sorry.

wahs...from D700 jump to D3s like tat isnt it you spent alot more money den intended?

I use it for job so it is ok. Just needed a camera to replace my D2X as well and 12mp is about all I need.

Actually the D700 already is a good replacement for the D2X and I was thinking of getting another spare body since my friend bought my D300. So now, I use the D700 as a spare backup or as a secondary body to the D3s.

if the replacement for d700 is good i will definetly buy a new d700 rather then a d3s. too heavy for me haha

if the replacement for d700 is good i will definetly buy a new d700 rather then a d3s. too heavy for me haha

True, I personally don't like heavy cameras. I like the weight and form factor of the D700 more honestly.

Just got a quote on Sunday from Cathay in Marina for $3,400 and still in stock.

Don't think a D700s will appear until a year after the D3s appeared - so probably later this year - any earlier would be a suprise.

However, Nikon will have some big announcements in early Feb.

Expectations that a camera announcement will be a D900, 18+MP (I say 18+ because it could be 24MP (D3X sensor) or 18MP (18MP sensor was prototyped along with 12 and 24 earlier) - leaning more towards 24MP because Nikon does like to reuse sensors if they can)

Some lenses too. Also, I've been hearing of a surprise announcement - though not sure what it is - guessing something to address the low-end DSLR market segment.

Geez ...I read about this D900 ... Basically lots of accessories maker have include that into their website.

Now I am caught in a dilemma. I am going on a trip mid Feb. So hoping to get a camera for the trip. But you mention D700s is not coming anytime soon but D900 will be sooner. With that, I draw an assumption D900 is not the replacement for D700. So wonder how is D900 ISO performance as compare to D700. Or is it using the same body as D700. But my guess is nobody will know since this time round all the information is so tightly secure.

Just wondering why they skip D800 and name the new camera as D900?

Just wondering why they skip D800 and name the new camera as D900?

Nikon has been fairly consistent with their naming for each generation - switching between odd and even numbers

1st gen... D1, D1h, D1x, D100, D70, D50

2nd gen... D2h, D2x, D200, D80, D40, D60

3rd gen... D3, D3X, D300, D700, D90, D3000... D900

So wonder how is D900 ISO performance as compare to D700. Or is it using the same body as D700.

D900 will use same/similar body to D700. If it uses the same 24MP sensor as D3X, it's high ISO performance will be like the D3X, not the D3/D700 (D3s is in another league).

D900 will use same/similar body to D700. If it uses the same 24MP sensor as D3X, it's high ISO performance will be like the D3X, not the D3/D700 (D3s is in another league).

Drooling ard.. but still loving my D700.. :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.