D7000 users (Part 4)

budget not really a concern yet but will be better if there are options for me to choose from

yeap, either is fine. thanks.

If budget is not a problem then I would say the 24-70 f2.8 for its versatility.

Gribber said:
i have the 85mm f3.5 though. Good enough?

If you are confident of your skill and space, sure. Why not? I usually handle the situation with a 2 lens setup though.

I know some may tell you that 85mm may be too tight. There is so wisdom in that. You must decide if it is good enough for you. No one else can decide that for you.

Gribber said:
i have the 85mm f3.5 though. Good enough?

85mm F/3.5 micro?

That's a DX macro lens right? If your purposes is not macro, take a look at the new 85mm F/1.8G. The price should be lower than the other 85mm.

85mm F/3.5 micro?

That's a DX macro lens right? If your purposes is not macro, take a look at the new 85mm F/1.8G. The price should be lower than the other 85mm.

occasionally I shoot macro, so i will continue to keep the lens or probably trade it off with a 105mm. Yeap am considering the 85mm f/1.8G / D as well.

Gribber said:
occasionally I shoot macro, so i will continue to keep the lens or probably trade it off with a 105mm. Yeap am considering the 85mm f/1.8G / D as well.

You can give the 85mm F1.8D a miss.
85mm F/1.8G has been tested much sharper and more contrasty than both D version at F/1.8.

Oh, I didn't notice you had the F/3.5 already. I think keep that for the moment. 105mm VR is a fantastic lens. but the depth of field is harder to master as the focal length increases.

You can give the 85mm F1.8D a miss.
85mm F/1.8G has been tested much sharper and more contrasty than both D version at F/1.8.

Oh, I didn't notice you had the F/3.5 already. I think keep that for the moment. 105mm VR is a fantastic lens. but the depth of field is harder to master as the focal length increases.

yeap, i read that as well. Thanks for the info. Any other lens i should take note of? Thanks.

See my review of the 85mm dx and 1.8g http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/nikon/1047168-af-s-nikkor-85mm-f-1-8g-sale-today-16-feb-2012-a-6.html#post7764194

IMO you could skip the 85mm 1.8 as not much diff from your 85mm dx and has vr2 and 1:1 magnification. However 85mm 1.8g is not expensive if u really like this lens why not.... :bsmilie:

See my review of the 85mm dx and 1.8g

IMO you could skip the 85mm 1.8 as not much diff from your 85mm dx and has vr2 and 1:1 magnification. However 85mm 1.8g is not expensive if u really like this lens why not.... :bsmilie:

thanks. will keep in mind

DM101 said:
See my review of the 85mm dx and 1.8g http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/nikon/1047168-af-s-nikkor-85mm-f-1-8g-sale-today-16-feb-2012-a-6.html#post7764194

The depth of field is biggest difference. It's 3 stop difference.

any users facing card slot errors frequently? i'm facing this problem even though the cards are brand new! the cards do not exp any errors when in slot 2.

xersion said:
Brand of ur new sd card? There is a firmware upgrade to fix undetected card

He meant his slot 1 of his camera cannot read memory card properly... This means a trip to NSC is necessary..

Hi lucky D7000 owners,

I'm the one who really interested in D7000 (I used D5000 before) although I bought a Pentax K-5 because some reasons (cheap, good build, nice IQ, etc.)
Generally, I'm satisfied with it but still want to experience D7000 so is there anyone want to try my K-5 which is the best D7000's competitor?
Please take a look: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/services-wanted/1079013-[want-borrow]-d7000-my-pentax-k-5-a.html

Thanks.

anyone try the focus fix feature in Nikon D7000>? how it go about? thanks

ndhonghai said:
Hi lucky D7000 owners,

I'm the one who really interested in D7000 (I used D5000 before) although I bought a Pentax K-5 because some reasons (cheap, good build, nice IQ, etc.)
Generally, I'm satisfied with it but still want to experience D7000 so is there anyone want to try my K-5 which is the best D7000's competitor?
Please take a look: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/services-wanted/1079013-%5Bwant-borrow%5D-d7000-my-pentax-k-5-a.html

Thanks.

It's really just adjust then shoot then adjust and repeat till you're satisfied xD

TonyOng said:
AF adjusting thing? wat thing? o.o

Af fine tune, to adjust if the lens have some back or front focusing

Last edited:
luckyorange said:
Af fine tune, to adjust if there some back of front focusing

Eh bro heard that there are certains charts you can use to check AF right? Where canny get one of those?