D7000 users...fall in!!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
SkimMilk said:
were you actually looking at the WTB (want to BUY) threads instead of the WTS (want to SELL) threads?
Look at the WTS for more accurate pricing...

As for EN-EL15, there are 3rd party ones. Look at the mass sales forums. Although I still encourage to go for the originals ($50+).

I was looking at the WTS. You can make a search as well. I can't find any 3rd party en-el15 in mass sale. All is the grip batt type :(

cirenaiht said:
$120 but mine still under warranty

General servicing is free if under warranty? Anyway what does general servicing includes? I have some dust in my d7k. Not sure if they charge for sensor cleaning.

General servicing is free if under warranty? Anyway what does general servicing includes? I have some dust in my d7k. Not sure if they charge for sensor cleaning.

Yup..I didn't know also until nikon CS told me that sensor cleaning for D7000 is under warranty..

I brought mine for sensor cleaning too last time at 1st thought need to pay, ended up free as they told me it's my 1st time cleaning sensor. (under warranty too)

laptop screen not calibrated / old / brightness got adjusted somehow?
My laptop consider quite new, I did trial to adjust the brightness, but that is only dark and bright effected.
not that gloomy. How to recognize the screen calibrate? but I believe that is not bec of my screen not calibrate, I view in another PC monitor but the color is gloomy too...

And it's not cheap

US$119 for the lowest end Spyder4Express.

Especially expensive for something that you use once in a while. Maybe better to get a group of photographer friends and share the device (and of course cost).

pbear1973 said:

Especially expensive for something that you use once in a while. Maybe better to get a group of photographer friends and share the device (and of course cost).

Yeah. That's what I'm thinking of doing. Know any stores that rent those?

The SpyderXpress or LITE cannot do custom fine tuning should you need it.... I used i1Display 2 , last time abt US$250. Now discontinued and replaced by i1Display Pro

I find worth the $ because you calibrate a good LCD so when you do your Post processing it is the "correct" color you want - not wasting your time on trial and error :thumbsup:

The SpyderXpress or LITE cannot do custom fine tuning should you need it.... I used i1Display 2 , last time abt US$250. Now discontinued and replaced by i1Display Pro

I find worth the $ because you calibrate a good LCD so when you do your Post processing it is the "correct" color you want - not wasting your time on trial and error :thumbsup:

Just curious: How often do you calibrate your LCD?

anyone can tell me where to got the body?

iphoto, alan photo, parislik --> all out of stock

anyone can tell me where to got the body?

iphoto, alan photo, parislik --> all out of stock

try Slrr? Tk? Cp/? give them a call b4 going down..

if not you can try BnS if you dont mind 2nd hand =)

TK i think might still be out of stock.. few days ago saw their update on FB..

For comparison, Courts had the X10 and X100 at $99 and $200 more respectively than Parisilk. Gives you an idea how much more RRP is. I'd wait.

so far, DD electronics is the only shop with stock, for S$2k+
:confused:

TG don't have them as well as they stopped importing D7k's due to high price.

i might get it online instead... tax + shipping :think:

Just curious: How often do you calibrate your LCD?

Good question.... calibrate already seldom do again. Once a year at most..... if you have iphone 4 or 4s, the colors is quite accurate what on your calibrated LCD. On an iPAD, the colors not so maybe is not RETINA yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.