D7000 discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
read somewhere its using the A55 sensor.. is it true?.. and noise control is on par with the D700... :bigeyes:

but the size of the sensors on D7000 and A55 are different, correct? shouldn't be same in this way..

same as a55 and a580 the sensor d90 sensor was also a sony one nothing new

but the size of the sensors on D7000 and A55 are different, correct? shouldn't be same in this way..

Some say it's a heavily modded Sony sensor, some say it's designed by Nikon, manufactured by Sony semiconductor.

But really who cares? If it works good, it's good. Doesn't matter who made it.

Some say it's a heavily modded Sony sensor, some say it's designed by Nikon, manufactured by Sony semiconductor.

But really who cares? If it works good, it's good. Doesn't matter who made it.

this is true...but deep in my heart, I still hope Nikon to be self-sufficient and produce their own sensors. They have to go beyond their SLR days when they were leader in the mechanical aspects, concentrated mainly on building enduring bodies as film was mostly by others. ;p

this is true...but deep in my heart, I still hope Nikon to be self-sufficient and produce their own sensors. They have to go beyond their SLR days when they were leader in the mechanical aspects, concentrated mainly on building enduring bodies as film was mostly by others. ;p

I think there are pros and cons to being self-sufficient... A whole world of difference from the SLR days. SLR has lesser electronics... these days, I don't think you can be completely self-sufficient as there are lesser mechanical parts... You might end up jacking the price up to horrendous levels! I trust there are a lot more R&D going on modern DSLRs as compared to SLRs... Nikon being a strictly imaging industry, that limits the R&D budget on a greater scale as compared to Sony - which doesn't just concentrate on producing DSLRs and PnS...

Maybe it will take them time to learn the ropes to doing their own sensors (eventually of course).

Just be glad that Nikon still delivers top notch DSLRs that we can be really proud of. :sweat:

Last edited:
The spec is very tempting..it's low light capability is just awesome..
I think I'll get D7000 as my first DSLR..
been using my company's D300s for quite some time.. ;p

I think there are pros and cons to being self-sufficient... A whole world of difference from the SLR days. SLR has lesser electronics... these days, I don't think you can be completely self-sufficient as there are lesser mechanical parts... You might end up jacking the price up to horrendous levels! I trust there are a lot more R&D going on modern DSLRs as compared to SLRs... Nikon being a strictly imaging industry, that limits the R&D budget on a greater scale as compared to Sony - which doesn't just concentrate on producing DSLRs and PnS...

Maybe it will take them time to learn the ropes to doing their own sensors (eventually of course).

Just be glad that Nikon still delivers top notch DSLRs that we can be really proud of. :sweat:

Yup, I dun think there is any product in this world, esp electronics related is made entirely from one single source.

Globalisation is the word now. No matter where it's made or come from, most importantly is the quality and after-sales support.

wonder how much will the d7000 costs ? arghhh

wonder how much will the d7000 costs ? arghhh

i paid 2040+ for my d7000 with the 18-105 lens kit...preordered from amazon asked my relative there to ship to me by dhl or maybe send by vpost if the have expedite shipping

Last edited:

But the company will not be sustainable, building a wafer fab just to produce sensor for own usage is a sure losing money business :)
Besides, building the expertise in wafer industry is not as easy as 1 2 3. Why not ultilise the available source?

Last edited:
Always like DSLR that are light in weight, though only slightly heavier than D90 with a much improved specs.
AF movie & 39 pt AF is very useful, low noise is simply attractive.
Very impressive choice.... Well done Nikon.

yeah man. im thinking of upgrading from d90 to d7000. so when wld it finally be realised? anyone with any idea?

Just came back from NSC, asked one of the fellas there, no idea on pricing yet or available date yet.

same as a55 and a580 the sensor d90 sensor was also a sony one nothing new

different sensors between the D90 and D7000.

D90 is using the older EXMOR sensor, found in D5000, A700, A500, A550, and pentax k-x.

D7000 should be using the new sensor used in A55 and pentax k-5. So these are the 3 DSLRs that will hv the new sensor as of now.

So a brand new sensor, it should have some advantage over the old one in D90.

im pretty impressed with the new d7000. but im wondering if its worth the investment over the d90. cuz after all...a new model doesn't make the previous model any lousier a camera.

Sorry for Noob question, but what exactly are the benefits of the 39 AF Points?

bigger number to boost

depends on wat u shoot, should be useful for trackin wildlife/sports.

also better for focusin on the object and u can choose where to focus instead of the focus/reframe method

Status
Not open for further replies.