D7000 discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish it'd support ML-L3 wireless remote.. too bad :bheart:

I thought it does??? :think: It also supports MC-DC2 IIRC....

Edit: proof that I'm not talking rubbish - equipment compatibility on Nikon's website If I'm not wrong, all the View finder accessories that fits on D90 is transferable to D7000.... The chart above states DK-21M which I have fitted on my D90...

Last edited:
Oh no.... I just read one more DEADLY POISONOUS feature on D7000... Proper, repeat, PROPER Mirror lock-up, instead of EXPOSURE DELAY (that's on D90)....

Dpreview said so....:sweat:

my bad.. yeah.. it supports the little handy ML3.. which I've been missing a lot since I changed to d300s for a couple of months now..

seems that I began to feel a bit uncomfortable for the rush and didn't wait for this D7K to hit the shelves..
well, more compact & lighter weight yet with mag alloy body.. 100-6400 ISO range.. probably better metering module & better sensor.. wow it only lacks the AF fine tune and custom banks of d300s.. very tempting ;p

wow it only lacks the AF fine tune and custom banks of d300s.. very tempting ;p

I'm sure it does have AF fine tuning and custom banks but it's customise to user own conveniency and save in U1 and U2.

Good job to Nikon, now waiting to see if they will announce the d700 replacement also :)

I'm sure it does have AF fine tuning and custom banks but it's customise to user own conveniency and save in U1 and U2.

Yeah, thought it does have both... I think DD123 confirmed that a couple of days ago...

Haha dun worry, I'm always taking zoom shot so I prefer aps-c camera than ff so I wun get the d700 replacement, most likely the d300s replacement model 3 years later =p

It's time for me 2 upgrade my old reliable D70 to D7000... For those old timer still holding non AF lenses, this is a dream come true at a lower price as compare to D300s. ;)

Some function resemable of those F4 and F5.... looks cool.:cool:

I'll sure be getting it.

yeah, that is what i want, too..
d300 is exceeded by the d7000, but d300s (with more or less the same specs as d300, minus the vid mode) is way more ex, even 2nd hand..
so i guess i have to start saving up for the century leap from my d70! ;)

also, i am a cheapo, so i got more manual lenses and only one AF lens, pain in the backside if keep using d70..

Last edited:
Haha dun worry, I'm always taking zoom shot so I prefer aps-c camera than ff so I wun get the d700 replacement, most likely the d300s replacement model 3 years later =p

I think no need for you to wait for 3 years later to get D300s replacement.

Usually Nikon recycle their product every 2 years (exception for D3000 replacement, as D3100 was announced earlier).

D300s was announced around mid of 2009. The D300s replacement should be announced around mid of 2011.

18 Megapixels with 51 AF points, Nikon ?
Or more ? :devil:

yeah, that is what i want, too..
d300 is exceeded by the d7000, but d300s (with more or less the same specs as d300, minus the vid mode) is way more ex, even 2nd hand..
so i guess i have to start saving up for the century leap from my d70! ;)

also, i am a cheapo, so i got more manual lenses and only one AF lens, pain in the backside if keep using d70..

u have my sympathy bro...I'm looking to leap from d70 too..but still abit emo attached to it..:bsmilie:

Hi guys I just preordered my d7000 from amazon with the lens kit... Can't wait to receive it next month to compare to my eos 550d bought 2 weeks ago

Last edited:

Usually Nikon recycle their product every 2 years (exception for D3000 replacement, as D3100 was announced earlier).

D300s was announced around mid of 2009. The D300s replacement should be announced around mid of 2011.

Maybe full hd movie with better noise control? Anyway ot already :/. Will like to play around with it to see is it better than d90, hehe

hopefully censor from the D700.... ar thats shld be the way....

Hi guys I just preordered my d7000 from amazon with the lens kit... Can't wait to receive it next month to compare to my eos 550d bought 2 weeks ago

Wow.. Buy Two sys in just less than a month. :bigeyes:

quite unfair as 550d is an entry level while the d7000 is prosumer level

guess u need to buy a 60d to compare :confused:

haha eos60d im still thinking la not too sure bout that le i prefer the eos 550d over it so far....anyway my current aim is to see which brand i would continue investing lens in before hitting on either the eos1dm3 or d3x next year

Status
Not open for further replies.