Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! Sorry.

Thot can use DX mode too.

But I agree this range limited on FX.

Oh! Sorry.

Thot can use DX mode too.

But I agree this range limited on FX.
why you want to use DX mode if you are getting a FX camera?
Unless you have currently own DX lenses... right??

Tamron 28-75 f2.8 is light and good.

I agree.

Some of my best vacation shots were taken with this combo.

The 75 comes in handy occasionally when there is a need to zoom.

Otherwise, I'm at the 28 end most of the time.

The f/2.8 is useful in low light situations too.

yes. i only have dx lens. in fact, only the cult AF55-200mm f4-5.6 NON VR :thumbsup:

TS didn't mention she/he wants only a FX lens ... so I suggest 'the cult'

yes. i only have dx lens. in fact, only the cult AF55-200mm f4-5.6 NON VR :thumbsup:

TS didn't mention she/he wants only a FX lens ... so I suggest 'the cult'

lol, here we go again :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

get the 70-200VR and a very big, comfy bag.

put everything in and hike around singapore for 4 weekends. after that you should be used to the weight already...

or else, juz get the 70-300 VR. i seen many pple using that on FF.

If you intend to only use 1 lens for DSLR, i think a PNS is better. :)

get the 70-200VR and a very big, comfy bag.

put everything in and hike around singapore for 4 weekends. after that you should be used to the weight already...

or else, juz get the 70-300 VR. i seen many pple using that on FF.

I like the statements. It helps me to reinforce what I was actually doing.

TS, try to bring every lens which you have out and you will find yourself loving to do it more.

Why? You will find lesser regrets and love your pictures more.

Sorry, OT a bit. Even like golfing, bring a half set and you arrive home, saying " I should have brought the complete set".

I would still carry my D700 with 24-70f2.8 for travel. Otherwise I will carry my D700 with 20f2.8, 35f2, 50f1.4 and lastly 105f2.8VR (4 lenses). :)

I respectfully disagree, a DSLR has much more control than a PnS.

A DSLRwith one lens is a middle ground between the full hog of DSLR stuffs and a PNS. For me, I bring a D100 +18-200 for travel, and leave the D3 with the F2.8s at home. When I'm going to places without much photography (e.g. in HK when I go for shopping), I only bring a Ixus 80.

All depends on your needs.

If you intend to only use 1 lens for DSLR, i think a PNS is better. :)

I respectfully disagree, a DSLR has much more control than a PnS.

A DSLRwith one lens is a middle ground between the full hog of DSLR stuffs and a PNS. For me, I bring a D100 +18-200 for travel, and leave the D3 with the F2.8s at home. When I'm going to places without much photography (e.g. in HK when I go for shopping), I only bring a Ixus 80.

All depends on your needs.
i do agree that an entry level DSLR with a prime lens would be better than a PnS camera.. maybe except for the LX3 or G10...

depends what is your main focus area... if wide shots, 24-70 (crop when want to zoom in) with D700 is good enough. If tight shots, then 70-200. Alternatively, 18-200 and use on DX mode :)

for me, I like wide shots, I normally go with 12-24, 24-70 and 50, after 1 trip, you will be used to the weight, after that, you feel "naked" with only 1 lens... hahaha

Thank you all for your suggestions. Looked online photo samples at most of your leads, think the Nikkor 28-105 f3.6-4.5 and the Tamron 24-135 f3.5-5.6 IQs are pretty good. The Tamron AF 18-270 f3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspheric range is enticing, read it has some AF issues at the long range. Appreciate if someone who has used this lens could comment on IQ & AF .

Will not consider a DX.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Looked online photo samples at most of your leads, think the Nikkor 28-105 f3.6-4.5 and the Tamron 24-135 f3.5-5.6 IQs are pretty good. The Tamron AF 18-270 f3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspheric range is enticing, read it has some AF issues at the long range. Appreciate if someone who has used this lens could comment on IQ & AF .

my cousin has this lens. he seems pretty pleased with it. i think most megazooms suffer in their IQ.
f6.3 is kinda limiting, but still AF on mine. dx body.
is the 18-270mm a fx lens? i thought only the 28-300mm.

my cousin has this lens. he seems pretty pleased with it. i think most megazooms suffer in their IQ.
f6.3 is kinda limiting, but still AF on mine. dx body.
is the 18-270mm a fx lens? i thought only the 28-300mm.

You are right , its a dx lens. Thanks for pointing out, wasn't familiar with Tamron terminology (Di II).

Status
Not open for further replies.